Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney apologises

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Be it an apology or a press pushed statement at least he manned up & admitted he was wrong.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
what makes me laugh as well is all the ' i have bunged a few grand on a credit card to go on a massive piss up in south africa and am outraged' bollocks. no disrespect to many out there but this is not fighting coppers in belgium or being chased round turlkey by knife wielding looneys having jibbed ferries and trains. Its a Barmy Army trip with football for a lot of these punters.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How about he lets his frustration out by not offending people that have spent thousands on tickets?

I'm sorry but if they got offended by that then I feel sorry for them

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You don't applaud them off but you DON"T boo your own team either.

So do you do the glory hunting Man U fan thing every time your team doesn't win?

They might be overpaid but just coz you spent £2k to watch them does not make you any better

So if you buy something in a shop that doesn't work then you just put up with it?

What you've just said is typical of alot of plastic fans who accept their teams playing utter wank. Well if I go to a match and the players don't try, don't give a shit and then try to blame others for the facts THEY have played crap despite getting a free f***ing holiday to south Africa then I'm going to boo them and I've got a right to show my displeasure...after all if the players last night showed an ounce of the passion the england fans did last night then we wouldn't even be having this conversation!

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
thats not the point. maybe the fans were right to boo last night, but then why can't rooney respond to that? is he just supposed to trudge off looking sorry for himself?! he showed he had a bit of fire left inside him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
thats not the point. maybe the fans were right to boo last night, but then why can't rooney respond to that? is he just supposed to trudge off looking sorry for himself?! he showed he had a bit of fire left inside him.

How about him showing some humility?

Fire left in him? Shame he didn't have that on the pitch. f*** 'em. f*** the lot of 'em. They don't deserve the support they get for EVERY England game - home, away, friendlies, whatever. They don't deserve to wear the Three Lions.

f*** all of them. Capello, Carragher, Lampard, Heskey, Rooney, Gerrard, Carragher (he can f*** off twice - scouse twat). Each and every last one of them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Fire left in him? Shame he didn't have that on the pitch. f*** 'em. f*** the lot of 'em. They don't deserve the support they get for EVERY England game - home, away, friendlies, whatever. They don't deserve to wear the Three Lions.

f*** all of them. Capello, Carragher, Lampard, Heskey, Rooney, Gerrard, Carragher (he can f*** off twice - scouse twat). Each and every last one of them.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

TOP ranting Ponce Mohammed Buzzer! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on. They really are totally complacent about the support they get away from these shores, other players from other countries have never had it, and will never get it. 30,000 even in south Africa, 9,000 miles away, but even more so in Europe for big tournaments.

I remember once talking to Jimmy White about the adulation he was greeted with every time he walked into the arena. He said: "I never take it for granted. I have earned that love from the fans, through blood, sweat and tears, and never refusing to sign an autograph, but I never once take it for granted."

Conversely, Stephen Hendry, who has all the world titles but has never once had that sort of reception, admitted he would swap one of his trophies to just once get the kind of walk-in standing ovation that White routinely received. The nuances of this would probably be lost on England players.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Has he also apologised for playing like a lazy, petulant, waste of space last night?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So if you buy something in a shop that doesn't work then you just put up with it?

What you've just said is typical of alot of plastic fans who accept their teams playing utter wank. Well if I go to a match and the players don't try, don't give a shit and then try to blame others for the facts THEY have played crap despite getting a free f***ing holiday to south Africa then I'm going to boo them and I've got a right to show my displeasure...after all if the players last night showed an ounce of the passion the england fans did last night then we wouldn't even be having this conversation!

This - tbh if England had spent the entire match knocking on Algeria's door, hitting posts, sending shots in and still get 0-0 then there may be a case to not boo them......but if they turn up and play like they don't really want to be there for 95% of the match then f*** them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
f***. This country is full of a bunch of GIRLS.

He's apologised. It's over. He was frustrated. So what.

He didn't swear. He didn't actually ABUSE anyone. He just vented frustration and has now said sorry. Move on

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut

He didn't swear. He didn't actually ABUSE anyone. He just vented frustration and has now said sorry. Move on[/QU OTE

Thats how i see it........true he had his worse game in an England shirt, so did at least seven others, the crowd booed them off the pitch, fair enough they have paid good money to watch them and are entitled to vent their frustration in any legal manner. Rooney was frustrated too and responded in a careless way. I dont think he can be acused of lacking passion though, he is just off-form but will probably play well if picked in the next game. To single him out for showing his frustration and treating him as a pariah is a little over reaction IMO..........(then again i did watch it in a pub and spent thirty quid not thousands like some fans must have in South Africa)

Come on England get on form

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Well said Buzzer.

What precious little twat he was last night with that rant, and this PR written apology does nothing to change that. England were absolutely ABYSMAL last night, one of the worst performances i've seen our National side in my 27 years on this planet.

Anyone who doesn't think that is worthy of getting roundly f***ing boo'd is an idiot. Do you reckon Wayne realised that the team got boo'd in probably 95% of the pubs in England at the final whistle too, is the poor little lad upset by that too? Is that also out of order?

Maybe, just maybe, these prescious, pampered, egotistical blokes who live in their own little world so far detached from the people who pay their wages need to actually to be brought down a few pegs? HOPEFULLY, it will be the kick up the arse they need!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Love you Buzzer x

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston

He didn't swear. He didn't actually ABUSE anyone. He just vented frustration and has now said sorry. Move on

I agree, i dont see what people are getting offended about, its not like they DONT want to go through to the next round is it? they havent ACTUALLY turned up and said, you know what, i cant be arsed. they didnt play well, and to be honest i though algeria did. bougherra had a particularly good game if you ask me. What rooney said basically showed that hes frustrated with how things went, as he should be, but he didnt swear and he wasnt offensive, get over it.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Agreed this is the first world cup I have not had the buzz and this whole episode typifies the reason why not. The twat should not be moaning because people who love the country are booing him he and the rest of the team should be apologising for the inept performance they have put in.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Well it was a shit performance from all and of course you get angry at the lack of passion but personally I don't get the booing. It doesn't gain anything and when its aimed at just a few players or one person it destroys the team.

We will see what happens in response soon I suppose...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here