Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney apologises

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
More than Beckham did in 1998, so fair play to him...

BBC:
England striker Wayne Rooney:
"Last night, on reflection I said things in the heat of the moment that came out of frustration of both our performance and the result. For my part I apologise for any offence caused by my actions at the end of the game."

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not really that important. He must know that the team is underperforming, he reacted badly to the fans booing him. I'd rather he just got on with playing the game rather than having to jump through PR hoops.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I should hope so too, the stupid prick. The fact remains he said those things though, and he'd do well to remember that a lot of people are going to be *very* f***ed off at these clowns earning 100 grand a week next year if they haven't even got out of the group stages, at a time when our kids schools are going to struggle for text books, and jobs are axed left, right, and centre.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yeah i'm sure he wasn't forced to do that at all

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One decent run and a winning goal and he'll be leading us to the final as the best striker in the World and last night will be forgotten. No half measures with us Brits.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
derrrr - his publicist apologises more like...

Indeed.

There's no specific reference supporting the fans and their loyalty.

It's as impersonal and insincere an apology as you're likely to read.

But par for the course when it comes to footballers and their media representatives who continually have to bail them out.

Last edited:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm with Rooney on this one - you don't boo your own players off the field - EVER

I was much more pissed off with Gerrard saying the players new what they had to do NOW just after a match when they should have known what they had to do THEN

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
well said. gerrard is a serial bullshitter who has thrown up more insulting and meaningless press statements than any england captain in history. almost everything that comes out of his mouth makes me sick. rooney slagging off the fans is almost refeshing compared to the mealy mouthed bullshit and self congratulation that usually emenates from an england camp.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm with Rooney on this one - you don't boo your own players off the field - EVER

I was much more pissed off with Gerrard saying the players new what they had to do NOW just after a match when they should have known what they had to do THEN

Sorry but that's just bollocks. When you've spent in excess of 2 grand and travelled 6000 miles to watch your team in the world cup and they play like that then being booed should be the least of their problems.

How else do you express your dissatisfaction? Ask for your money back?
:shootself:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Sorry but that's just bollocks. When you've spent in excess of 2 grand and travelled 6000 miles to watch your team in the world cup and they play like that then being booed should be the least of their problems.

You don't applaud them off but you DON"T boo your own team either.

So do you do the glory hunting Man U fan thing every time your team doesn't win?

They might be overpaid but just coz you spent £2k to watch them does not make you any better

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

This

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've never booed the Albion off the pitch, I kinda expect them to be shit, however I have little doubt that I wouldve joined in had I been there last night.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
derrrr - his publicist apologises more like...

Word.

What he really said:

"Ehhm, like I was just sayin like, I dont like t' hear me own fans n that like, ye know like, em, schwayring at me like n that. I was being a div like, an I'm sorry n that like, I think"

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
he shouldn't have to apologise, he was perfectly entitled to say what he did. as usual everyone blows it out of proportion, its as though he told every English fan to go f**k themselves the way people are going on about it. i bet all the other players are thinking exactly the same thing, but he just had the balls to say it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Manager advises Rooney to issue apology that he has written on the back of a fag packet. Best Apologise Wayne, think about the sponsorship and OK magazine deals....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Was there really any need to apologise? Who exactly got offended by what he said and didn't realise it was frustration coming out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here