Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Biggs a true British hero

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
OK - I'll bite. I fail to see what Ronnie Biggs has done to be regarded a British hero. A prize :tosser: more like.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
The 'Great Train Robbery' was a great film.

What a lot of children on here don't realise
is that a good man, Jack Mills was murdered
in this heist.

I care more Mr Mills wife and children than I
do for Biggs!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
wtf? how on earth can someone known ONLY for his part in a brutal train robbery, escaping from prison, living in exile and comfort in Brazil, having a child to escape extradition laws, but then only coming back to UKL for medical help when his money ran out, bed considered a 'hero'.

villian. end of. and soon.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 'Great Train Robbery' was a great film.

What a lot of children on here don't realise
is that a good man, Jack Mills was murdered
in this heist.

I care more Mr Mills wife and children than I
do for Biggs!

Actually, he died of leukaemia in 1970.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
There are things in every culture which are truly shit. In the UK one of the few is this tendency to regard scumbags like Biggs as 'cheeky chappies', making films about them etc. Go on 'he loved hs mum' and so on. Don't start me off on the Krays either.

My sympathies are with the late Jack Mills and his family. Honest man who never mssed a day's work before August 8th 1963.

There that's me 'on the hook'!

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Did Mr Mills have his loved ones around him when he died? NO, he done the crime he should do the time, bloke deserves nothing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did Mr Mills have his loved ones around him when he died? NO, he done the crime he should do the time, bloke deserves nothing.

Sorry, but what are you babbling on about? I am no fan of Biggs and would rather see him die surrounded by prison guards. But Mr Mills was not murdered during the heist. He died of leukaemia in 1970, 6 years later.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, but what are you babbling on about? I am no fan of Biggs and would rather see him die surrounded by prison guards. But Mr Mills was not murdered during the heist. He died of leukaemia in 1970, 6 years later.

He never recovered from being hit over ther head with an iron bar during the robbery., whilst due to the time being hit and him dying it could not be tried as murder it was a contributiing factor to his death. As in, had he not been hit on the head with an iron bar, he would not have died of his condition. this from the medical experts at the time.

Most people work all their lives, to just make a living wage.

Biggs just stole.

Not a hero, a total villain, deservedly banged up and needs to serve his sentence - especially considering he managed to have his best years living off the dough and the fame, in the sunshine, in one of the most beautiful (looking) cities in the world.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
He came from my home town (Redhill) and a lot of his famlily still live in the area, i went to school with three of his relatives and they were all good people.
He made a massive mistake and took an innocent persons life (effectivly) but for the sake of his family he should be allowed to die with his close ones around him.
It was forty years ago!

tell thatto the fella he smashed in the head witha cosh, who never recovered:dunce:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He never recovered from being hit over ther head with an iron bar during the robbery., whilst due to the time being hit and him dying it could not be tried as murder it was a contributiing factor to his death. As in, had he not been hit on the head with an iron bar, he would not have died of his condition. this from the medical experts at the time.

You are right in that he never recovered from the trauma of the robbery but his actual death was by leukaemia and the verdict at his inquest was that this was unrelated to the robbery. Tragic but it is better not to let urban myth get in the way of the facts. Either way, Biggs should rot in jail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here