Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ronaldo to Man City?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
https://theathletic.com/news/manchester-united-in-talks-to-sign-cristiano-ronaldo/3EAB4Pe43coA

A snippet:
Manchester United are in advanced talks with Juventus to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and potentially bring about a sensational return to Old Trafford for the Portuguese star.
It had seemed that Manchester City would be given a clear run at recruiting the 36-year-old but it is believed they are no longer interested in the Juventus striker, leaving United as the likeliest destination should he leave the Italian giants.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he goes to United I reckon they’ll win the league. He’s proven to be the difference time and time again. One more season to truly cement his legend status. Actually quite like the bloke these days. Bloody dedicated.
They’ll just wheel him out for the big games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PSG looking to sell Mbappe to fund Ronaldo and pair him up with Messi maybe? That would set the whole football world ALIGHT and take PSG to a whole new level of absolutely everything

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
PSG looking to sell Mbappe to fund Ronaldo and pair him up with Messi maybe? That would set the whole football world ALIGHT and take PSG to a whole new level of absolutely everything

The problem is, as much as PSG want the footballing world to view them as a major player/European powerhouse, no one outside of PSG really gives a shit about them.

:lolol:

Disclaimer: I appreciate that this could also apply to the glorious BHAFC, albeit on a less aspirational scale.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The problem is, as much as PSG want the footballing world to view them as a major player/European powerhouse, no one outside of PSG really gives a shit about them.

:lolol:

Ha! Well said, Cheeky - ain't that the truth! Not unlike Manchester City, to be honest.

PSG and Man City remind me of those Toyota MR2s that people put Ferrari body panels on. Everybody knows they're just tacky imitations with no pedigree, but at the end of the day if it makes the owners happy, then... :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Signing for United, official apparently according to a very excited United mate

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
[tweet]1431283208889544707[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have a piece of old cardboard and a sharpie at the ready:

"**** face - can I have your shirt please?"

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
World wide shirt sales will pay for him tbh. I still obviously do not get how teams manage to spend including wages, zillions and not fall foul of the financial constraints?
This may probably win them the league, but when you see teams like city and chelski doing the same you just have to be amazed how Leicester managed it.
Now, just need the reds to get Mbappe and it could be fun ��

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
World wide shirt sales will pay for him tbh. I still obviously do not get how teams manage to spend including wages, zillions and not fall foul of the financial constraints?
This may probably win them the league, but when you see teams like city and chelski doing the same you just have to be amazed how Leicester managed it.
Now, just need the reds to get Mbappe and it could be fun ��

They have Ole as manager, unlikely to win anything imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here