Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ron Pavey, a true Albion legend

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ron's workload for The Albion is now done by a great number of staff, perhaps a sign of the times but back then we had gates of over 20 000 regularly. When he became club secretary he basically run the club these days we have a well paid Chief Executive, club secretary, commercial manager and so on.

A truly nice man and will be sadly missed

Ron RIP

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I don't normally do these RIP threads but for Mr Pavey I will make an exception.
I will always remember him fondly from the Goldstone, and as a young lad growing up with the Albion, Ron was always around the place, somewhere. A true gentleman and I'm glad to have met him, Albion through and through
RIP Ron. I'm sure the boys will do you proud on Saturday.
God bless

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I remember Ron from the Goldstone ground and the couple of times I used the Seagulls Specials, very sad news, sincere condolences to his family, R.I.P. Ron.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Whenever I heard announcements of gongs to be handed out. I expected to hear Ron's name amongst them. He really deserved an Honour for his services to Sussex football, and indeed to sport in general. Ron should have made the trip to Buckingham Palace. Sadly an opportunity has now been lost forever.

I have many warm memories of Ron. There is one sad one, however. I was sitting on the table where Ron was to be during the celebration dinner for the Third Division South promotion and the Cup Final teams. We learned that Ron was too ill to attend. There was sadness, because we all knew that Ron had to be really seriously ill to miss such an occasion.

RIP Ron, and thanks for everything. I hope his dear wife can take heart from the warm tributes to him that have been generated.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I remember Ron as both an Albion and Whitehawk individual he did so much for both clubs his passing makes one realise how both teams have dimished over recent years.
Thanks for all your efforts Ron.

jkw

Oct 19, 2008
I've just heard that he sadly passed away today at 5.15pm.

Sometimes an overused word but he truly was a legend for what he did at the Albion

Rest in peace top man

I knew Ron for many years this really is a major blow, the Albion have lost one of their family, rest in peace Ron, you will never be forgotten

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I remember Ron in the days when he and a young lady ran the offices in Queens Square for the Sussex Sunday League.
He controlled all the fixtures, pitch allocation and also run the lottery for the league. He worked so hard to make this league a success.
Wonderful man who worked tirelessly for football in Sussex.
A real legend.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
A lovely man who will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
RIP Ron, you will be sadly missed by all at Henfield CC, you were a top bloke and bloody good wicket keeper and president in your day, who did a lot for our club, you will be very sadly missed and always had a very good word to say to all.

His family live in Henfield so i will send my condolences once i see them.

RIP mate, a top bloke

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Ron, may God bless you.

You were always a truely lovely guy to everybody on the Seagull Specials, always genuinly concerned about everybody on the train, and dressed to the highest standard in your blue blazer.

Ron, you were truly one of the nice guys.

Thankyou Ron.

Geoff.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I never met him, but know how much he did for the club and remember his half-time announcements at the Goldstone with great fondness. The term "Albion legend" is overused, but in his case is richly deserved. RIP, Ron.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In an age when football has become obsessed with money, greed and divisions between supporters and the playboy lifestyle of players, Ron represented dignity, honour, courtesy and respect. A man who was dedicated to his job and did it for love, not fame, cash or publicity.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
In an age when football has become obsessed with money, greed and divisions between supporters and the playboy lifestyle of players, Ron represented dignity, honour, courtesy and respect. A man who was dedicated to his job and did it for love, not fame, cash or publicity.

The perfect epitaph, EP.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
There should be a suite/room/hospitality area of the new Stadium dedicated to him - e.g. The Ron Pavey Suite?

Gone but not forgotten - RIP.

don dons

Feb 13, 2009
Ron Pavey

Hello to everyone,
My name is Donna and I am proud to tell you that I am Rons granddaughter. I would like to thank everyone for your kind words This is a desperatley sad time for our family but your messages are very comforting, knowing how much you all thought of grandad. I am pleased that so many of you have such fond memories of grandad, he was truly a one off in my eyes. Not only did he adore his work but he also adored his family and we all adored him too.
Many thanks to everyone once again.
Donna and family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here