Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ron Pavey, a true Albion legend

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I've just heard that he sadly passed away today at 5.15pm.

Sometimes an overused word but he truly was a legend for what he did at the Albion

Rest in peace top man

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's a name from the past. He must have worked at the club for years- I remember him from when I first started going to the Goldstone. Sad news if confirmed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sad to hear, he was very much a fixture at the Goldstone ground and in the old shop.

Almost very smart on match day I seem to recall.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always smartly dressed, RIP

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sad news. A true gentleman.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
When I was about 10 years and in the Goldstone club shop buying some programmes, he gave me Dennis Mortimers Aston Villa testamonial programme for free.
Very popular face around the Goldstone and had a recognisable voice.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Echo the above, always busy yet approachable.

Didn't Radio Snooze have him as a match day guest a while back?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My fondest memory of him is that o the Sunday after the Cup Final the tickets for the replay went on sale. After a lunchtime in the pub I asked father in law to take me to get my tickets. When we arrived at the ground the queue stretched from the office past the North Stand East Terrance and South Stand nearly back to the office. When I went to join the queue he saw me and told the policeman on duty let him in he is a reguilar. I felt really proud I had at last been recognised as a supporter.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A wonderful and long serving member of the Albion.

I do hope, if a tribute is to be given at Withdean, that we can have a moments silence to remember him, rather than the pathetic and tedious minutes "applause". Please.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Certainly Ron was an Albion legend and such a shame he is now another person on the long list who haven't made it to Falmer. I used to know him so well in the late 70's/early 80's and he really was a decent, genuine bloke who loved the Albion and put in hours and hours of graft on behalf of the club.

My sympathies to his family and friends :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here