Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

roman polanski

Jan 30, 2008
*sigh*

I will keep this as simple as possible.

There has been a debate as to whether to allow the BNP on Question Time.

Amongst the mainstream media, the vast majority of whom do not like/accept the BNP, the following two arguments have been raised

i) allow them on the show, as it gives other mainstream politicians the opportunity to defeat their arguments in a rational fashion
ii) don't allow them on the show, as it gives them publicity

Do you follow so far?

The parallels to the merits of the Weinstein argument are clear (to me, and at least two other posters).

i) allow him to publish his view, as it gives others (in this case you and me) the opportunity to defeat his arguments in a rational fashion
ii) don't allow him to publish his view, and it gives it publicity

I DELIBERATELY attempted to not give my viewpoint on the BNP debate as I didn't want this to descend into the BINFEST which it is now well on its way to becoming. The FACT, whether you like it or not, is that the majority of the media view the BNP's views as ridiculous, not quite as ridiculous as Weinstein's I grant you, but pretty ridiculous none the less. So from their perspective it is completely about showing them up to be invalid, in exactly the same way that I want Weinstein's arguments published so that we can see just how invalid they are.

shut up!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread has run its course, I don't see what the BNP has got to do with Roman Polanski.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Roman Polanski had been a 45 year old coach driver from Southend who bonked a 13 year old and fled abroad to avoid justice he would have been hounded across the globe until captured.
Why an "artistic" film director is treated any differently and indeed, why people in the film industry still work with him and laud him is beyond me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:fishing:

I don't think I will bite :lolol:

I did post that with some reticence. I honestly think some people feel that way, and thought someone should say it (as an explanation for its place in this thread) but would not have taken part in any ensuing binfest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here