Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

roman polanski

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just wondered what excuse all the people who defended the lesbian school teacher are going to use for roman polanski, or if not why they feel differently about what is essentially the same offence?

But, if you are looking for excuses, try this one ...

"I think he's sorry, I think he knows it was wrong. I don't think he's a danger to society. I don't think he needs to be locked up forever and no one has ever come out ever ... and accused him of anything. It was 30 years ago now. It's an unpleasant memory ... I can live with it."
[Samantha Geimer]

People: Polanski victim wants him to be forgiven | News | The First Post

It's not the same offence though, is it? The conviction came about as the result of a plea bargain, he was originally charged with rape by use of drugs, perversion, sodomy, lewd and lascivious act upon a child under 14, and furnishing a controlled substance (methaqualone) to a minor. There's also the fact that, according to the witness testimony, it was not consensual.

Nice try though :fishing:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But, if you are looking for excuses, try this one ...

"I think he's sorry, I think he knows it was wrong. I don't think he's a danger to society. I don't think he needs to be locked up forever and no one has ever come out ever ... and accused him of anything. It was 30 years ago now. It's an unpleasant memory ... I can live with it."
[Samantha Geimer]

People: Polanski victim wants him to be forgiven | News | The First Post
So thats alright then , just as long as a decent interval has passed without him getting caught again it should be written off, i couldnt give a toss what sort of excuses ANYONE comes out with, a grown man who has sex with a 13 year old girl is a paedophile , and again i couldnt give a toss what any respected shrink comes out with, paedophiles cannot be cured, i like blondes with big tits, no amount of "counselling" or sessions on a psychciatrist's couch woud change that.

So what? he didnt stick around to face his punishment did he ? Who knows what he's been up to in the intervening years ?
It will be interesting to discover what sentence he will now be given and whether the current views of the victim are taken into account by the judge.

As for "the intervening years" ... no allegation has been made by anyone.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It will be interesting to discover what sentence he will now be given and whether the current views of the victim are taken into account by the judge.

so do you think that he hasnt done it again ? drugging and shagging a 13 year old was a one off ?

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
So i like 13 yr old blondes with big tits, no amount of "counselling" or sessions on a psychciatrist's couch woud change that.

'kin ell bushy you dirty bast...

Wheres the resident NSC copper.....

Even on NSC, there's never old bill around when you need one... :lolol::lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's an interesting one with the views of the victim in this case. She is clearly sick of having it brought up all the time with a perfectly happy life, and doesn't want a trial.

But the bloke had sex with a 13-year-old, and just because he has evaded justice up to now, I think he has to be punished. Not to do so would send all the wrong messages, ie 'if you hide for long enough, we'll forget it'.

Some crimes are not merely up to the individual if they want to press charges, they are considered bad enough that the police/criminal law process kicks in - and this should be one of those.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact is that because the girl was under 16 in the US Polanski was charged with Statutory Rape with is manditory under US law. It's a very different matter to what bushy is referring to. TTthat Polanski fled the country to escape prosecution is a well known fact. Why it's been resurrected after all these years is another matter.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Don't forget the victim did sue him for damages and accepted a substantial out of court settlement, maybe this has a bearing on her comments (or maybe was a condition).

"Polanski's victim, Samantha Geimer, now 45, has called for the case against him to be dismissed and has already sued him, reaching an undisclosed settlement."

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why it's been resurrected after all these years is another matter.

He had recently tried to have his charges dismissed so he could return to america. This was denied.

The warrant was outstanding, he went to switzerland, they arrested him on the outstandinig warrant.

Perhaps he wants to go back to America, he wanted to go back legally, but they wouldn't accept it, so he decided to go via switzerland. (Perhaps there is some benefit to returning under arrest as opposed to turning up and being arrested on arrival).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He had recently tried to have his charges dismissed so he could return to america. This was denied.

The warrant was outstanding, he went to switzerland, they arrested him on the outstandinig warrant.

Perhaps he wants to go back to America, he wanted to go back legally, but they wouldn't accept it, so he decided to go via switzerland. (Perhaps there is some benefit to returning under arrest as opposed to turning up and being arrested on arrival).

He was, I understand, attending an award ceremony in Switzerland to pick up a lifetime acheivement. Even with the risk of arrest his ego compelled him to go and get the award. So not only a child rapist but a twat too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He was, I understand, attending an award ceremony in Switzerland to pick up a lifetime acheivement. Even with the risk of arrest his ego compelled him to go and get the award. So not only a child rapist but a twat too.

Perhaps he thought Switzerland's neutrality would allow him to go without being arrested.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Although he has travalled to various countries before including Switzerland without being arrested.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

There's a bit more to this than meets the eye. In recent months, Polanski's lawyers have been seeking, through the US courts, to have the rape charges against him dropped after saying new evidence had emerged in a documentary to show he was the victim of "judicial misconduct" at his original trial.

The film showed a former Los Angeles deputy district attorney admitting discussing the case with the trial judge while it was ongoing.

In February, a judge in Los Angeles agreed that "substantial ... misconduct" had taken place during the original court proceedings, but said he could not drop the charges so long as Polanski remained a fugitive.

The director has appealed against the ruling and insisted he would not voluntarily return to the US even to clear his name.

Gailey, now called Samantha Geimer, has spoken in support of Polanski's attempt to have the charges dismissed, accusing the district attorney's office of resurrecting "lurid details" of her assault to distract attention from its wrongdoing.

"True as they may be, the continued publication of those details causes harm to me," she said. "I have survived, indeed prevailed against, whatever harm Mr Polanski may have caused me as a child."

That may be so and I know Polanski has had a lot of tragedy in his life. However, he must have known that the girl was 13 and he was under any circumstances, breaking the law. The fact that he jumped bail doesn't do him any favours either.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

He has been to Switzerland in the past, he never divulged when he was traveling there, this time it was widely touted that he was going, therefore the authorities got the paperwork ready for his arrival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here