Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll Call, Albions greatest ever anyday, who was there ?

They can't take away your memories...
What a FANTASTIC day out that was. I was only 10 at the time, it was one of the very first Sunday games, and it was such a crush in the little corner of Anfield that me and my mate got carried over everyone's heads to safety over in the seats with the Liverpool fans. I distinctly remember two things... We kept singing the "in your Liverpool slums" song, which even then seemed a bit rough, and that the kop begrudgingly gave Melia a standing ovation at the end.
Like you Speilberg, I only missed the Newcastle away game in that cup run. Anyone who did that game, I will bow to their superior fandom.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I went to all the games, again except the Newcastle replay.

I believe Ernest was there - that was the game when the ref disallowed at least 2 (possibly 3) Newcastle goals!

Liverpool fans still remember the day when we beat them - Phil Neal didn't miss many pens in thise days!

On the same subject who was in the North Stand on the day of the Norwich game! I have never ever been so squashed at a home game! When Case scored it was pure bedlam - made even better by the fact that the linesman put up his flag for a foul by Case and then put it down again!

Seem to remember that goal is at the beginning of one of the recent Albion vids or DVDs - check out the crowd when Jimmy scores!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Easy 10 said:
f*** off.
The Raleigh Grifter PISSED on Choppers. The Sturmy Gears were a revolution in bicycle transmission at the time, the bike itself was built like a tank, and you didn't look like some kind of 60's Dennis-Hopper-wannabee GIMP cycling around on it.

Choppers were for QUEERS.

.......I had a blue CHIPPER.........:blush:............:(

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

On the same subject who was in the North Stand on the day of the Norwich game! I have never ever been so squashed at a home game!

I was a third of the way up the floodlight pylon in the NW corner. I was only 12 and it was the only way I could see. It was proper rammed!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Roll Call, Albions greatest ever anyday, who was there ?

whitelion said:
Or the 3-1 win at Newcastle in 1979 that put us in the top division for the first time?

I also did everything except Newcastle away in the cup run but I feel that the 3-1 win at Newcastle was the greatest ever away win as it meant we reached the top division for the first time.

Can't wait for TGC's highlights as I seem to remember from watching the Big Match that I can be seen in the crowd after the third goal - wearing my terry toweling seagulls top (a very early Hoodie for those too young to know!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here