Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roll Call, Albions greatest ever anyday, who was there ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
No it wasnt televised.

The quality isnt great. Its a recording without commentary! But it is the 90mins similar to when the club shop sold the 90mins of the 2-2 at Anfield in the cup in 1991.

I gave it to TGC for his DVD compilations so watch this space. I believe he's working on a 1996 - 1997 one at the moment.

I already had coverage of that game - haven't looked at yours yet to see if it is the same. I will be offering this along with the compilation when they are ready.

Edit - no I didn't already have this - scanned through the thread and assumed you meant the 1991 one. I'm going to have a play with a new bit of software I have that will hopefully fit this game with the Newcastle 79 highlights onto one disk.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
V Newcastle home 1-1 saw
V Newcastle won 1-0 missed
V Man City won 4-0 saw
V Liverpool away won 2-1 - saw
V Norwich home won 1-0 - saw
V Sheffield Wednesday highbury won 2-1 - saw
V Manchester United wembley drew 2-2 - saw
V Manchster United wembley lost 0-4 - saw

Beat that.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
This game was where my Dad took my Mum for their first date. My Mum supports Liverpool, my Dad Brighton. How it ever lasted after Liverpool lost I'll never know :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eastlondonseagull said:
Still got my Grifter, though it is a bit rustier than in '83! The coloured gears on the handles were cool :)
Proof (if proof were ever needed) that Grifters are officially indestructible. I read in The Washington Post the other week that the impending ground assault invasion of Iran (due around April) will in fact be undertaken by coalition troops riding pillion on Grifters, as they are the only vehicle known to man that can actually withstand the Soviet-made UVX23 landmines.
(Halfords got the contract to supply the helmets, interestingly).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Proof (if proof were ever needed) that Grifters are officially indestructible. I read in The Washington Post the other week that the impending ground assault invasion of Iran (due around April) will in fact be undertaken by coalition troops riding pillion on Grifters, as they are the only vehicle known to man that can actually withstand the Soviet-made UVX23 landmines.
(Halfords got the contract to supply the helmets, interestingly).
Grifter bikes - the choice of the QUICHE.

Think red hand gang. Choppers :clap:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Uncle Spielberg said:
V Newcastle home 1-1 saw
V Man City won 4-0 saw

Beat that.
cant beat it but i was there for the same ones you were:thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Present... flew in/out... bus window received brick after game... they didn't like losing, apparently... great day out...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
I do think for the benefit of a certain person, you should only list games that have happened in the Withdean years on this thread and maybe only those that McGhee has been managing us for....

;) :clap2: :cool:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I was there, fantastic day. Went by car if I remember right. I'm pretty certain it was the first ever FA Cup tie played on a Sunday.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
dave the gaffer said:
Yup.

went up on the Seagulls special train from Brighton.

Jimmy Case's goal was something special....Phil Neale missed a penalty which was the first one he had missed since the first Ice Age.

It was indeed a special day out.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Not only did Phil Neal miss the penalty, but he was Captain for the day 'cos it was his birthday.

Great, great day out...and as the match wasn't on the TV we called in to a Crystal Palace pub on the way home to tell them the good news.

:clap2: :albion: :clap2:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Kent Seagull said:
I was there, fantastic day. Went by car if I remember right. I'm pretty certain it was the first ever FA Cup tie played on a Sunday.

and it was the first time that Liverpool had ever played on a Sunday "for religious reasons"

:p

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Uncle Spielberg said:
V Newcastle home 1-1 saw
V Man City won 4-0 saw

Beat that.

Can't beat it, but can equal it (and somewhere I've got most of the matches on Betmax)

:clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Uncle Spielberg said:
V Newcastle home 1-1 saw
V Man City won 4-0 saw

Beat that.

You bugger. Have never forgiven my folks for making me miss Liverpool and the Finals :nono:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Infernal Optimist said:
Fantastic day with about 3,000? Albion in the corner of the Anfield Road. Remember coming out and suddenly feeling very nervous, but no problems in the end.

Unfortunately some scouser broke my mates nose for him as we left the ground - but as he said at the time "I bet he feels worse than wot I do" - then he drove us home (via the Crystal Palace pub as previous post)

:lolol: :albion: :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
eastlondonseagull said:
You bugger. Have never forgiven my folks for making me miss Liverpool and the Finals :nono:

Have you had therapy for that?

My folks took me and my two brothers to Newcastle / Man City / Norwich / Highbury and both Finals, and we were only 13, 12 and 10 at the time. Respect to the olds.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
hans kraay fan club said:
Have you had therapy for that?

My folks took me and my two brothers to Newcastle / Man City / Norwich / Highbury and both Finals, and we were only 13, 12 and 10 at the time. Respect to the olds.

Still in therapy now, yup :down:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i wasnt born

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here