Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rod Thomas' debut, any statisticians out there?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Going through some pictures and have found a couple from an evening game away at Cambridge United. Can't for the life of me remember when it was but swear it was Rod Thomas' debut game.
Am I completely off the boil?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Getting a bit old but I think you are right, a Friday night in October 98 rings a bell, for no other reason that Cambridge charged the press for their programmes and a certain Tony Millard went ballistic at the insult.:D

And whilst on the subject of insults Rod had joined us from Chester, where earlier that season he had been fined a weeks wages after members of the BHAFC supporters club had complained about his behaviour at a game at Gillingham.

9/10/98 Cambridge U. A W 3-2 Thomas, Allan, Minton (pen) 20th Then, a pleasant surprise! New signing Rod Thomas impresses on his debut and the rot is (temporarily) stopped. But only temporarily.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Cheers, according to BHA Links, if correct, Fri 9 Oct 98 we won 3-2. Also the season we played Chester away, Fri 15 Jan, live on SKY, and Rod was injured. What a crap game that was.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
His sending off at Mansfield sticks in the mind.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we won 3-2, it was wet, and it was my 11th birthday game so mother pulled me out of school to go to it

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Remember it well, a Friday night, a 3-2 win and we were sitting in the 'directors box', and peed them off with our celebrating and cigar smoking.

My favourite Rod Thomas moment was the game against Cardiff when he decided to play goalkeeper and make an excellent one handed save on the line, which he was sent off for

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Always thought we let Rodney go too soon.
Wasn't that down to him mouthing off to fellow players about how much he was earning and how he was content just to play for the reserves ? After that he never started again and only made appearances as a sub until his contract ran out.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
me and swift were there, his mum drove us on a midweek, great game, although me and young sten missed the second goal as we were getting the then 'best in league' bacon sandwiches.

i remember being in charge of maps and directing us to cambridge city's ground.

now you are talking - cambridge was well worth the trip just to SAMPLE those bacon sandwiches. and they were reknowned across the country as the best food available in any ground

puts the withdean bacon baguette to shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here