Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale v Stockport (Non-official thread)

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Great day yesterday, family Padders all made the trip, didn't hear one person all day suggest that they would rather have gone to Old Trafford (even for the cricket).

Enjoyed the singing and the ground, shame about the weather. You don't get that much leg room at Old Trafford. OT is a rip-off, cram as many people into as small a space as possible to make maximum profit, anyone with bad knees like me gets crippled.

Looking forward to Stockport away next season and going to the Crown beforehand.

Also means I can go to Leeds away twice next season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rochdale must be amongst the best fans in the league. Shedloads of bigger and far more successful clubs within a few miles radius, yet they stick with the Dale through thin and thin. ONE promotion in their history, the rest of the time spent in the 4th division, incredible.

I saw most of the game, and thought Rochdale were fairly dreadful to be honest. But I did feel very sorry for one of the faces in the crowd at 3-1 down, I was really struck by her - a middle-aged Rochdale woman with all the facepaints on, just staring into space with the resigned expression of someone contemplating yet another season in the basement division. The camera paused on her for quite a while. She wasn't in tears or anything, just sitting there quietly, probably thinking she couldn't believe she thought they would actually go up. Supporting Rochdale is a real badge of honour in my book. One fan like her is worth a thousand of those tearful Leeds gimps at the final whistle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here