Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale v Stockport (Non-official thread)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Will we get a thousand threads on here with people wetting themselves with laughter over gutted Rochdale fans (assuming they lose!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
History:

25 January 1997 League Division 3

Brighton 3 Rochdale 0
1-0 Craig Maskell 30
HT 1-0

D Bayliss (Rochdale) sent off 58.

2-0 Craig Maskell 68 header

3-0 Ian Baird 71

Attendance: 4,468 Smallest against Rochdale.

Position in table: Bottom, adrift by 7 pts.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3 minutes to go.

More History from 1997:

Albion Home record against Rochdale: P 7 W 5 D 2 L 0 F 13 A 3
Average home gate against Rochdale: 14,372

Brighton's previous home match against Rochdale was a Division 3 relegation battle played on a Sunday in 1973-74, which Brighton won 2-1 before 18,885 supporters.

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Albion-4.htm

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well done Stockport, look forward to visiting Edgeley Park next sesaon, hope its a Saturday.

Rochdale yet another season in the basement, stuck there since 1974.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stockport win 3-2. The season is over.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
well done stockport, another new ground to tick off (so typically it will be a tuesday night in february for the game)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
New ground for me, but it doesn't sound like a particularly interesting one. I would rather have lost my Spotland virginity.

Ditto.

I wonder how disappointed the Rochdale fans will actually be. At least they won't be pushed out of their comfort zone!

With all the ups and downs that we have at the Albion, though, I wonder how much they would really yearn for a change of division. It must be a bit like supporting some of the clubs that seem to perenially be in the top division and never actually win anything. I always used to have Coventry in that bracket, but at least they get a bit more excitement in their footballing lives nowadays.

Apart from the few in the Premiership, is there another club anywhere that has been in the same division for as long as Rochdale?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rochdale fans are in tears already with two minutes still to go. Nsc's going to go into meltdown over this one, I'm sure:clap2:

There's something you're overlooking, nobody despises Rochdale and their finances are completely above board.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Much as I like the idea of the play-offs, I really don't like the fact that they get a glamour game at Wembley. Gives them more kudos than they deserve. (and yes I DO know that applies to Cardiff equally...). Just seems to me unfair that the Championes and Runners-Up have to miss out on the great Wembley nose-bag.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Much as I like the idea of the play-offs, I really don't like the fact that they get a glamour game at Wembley. Gives them more kudos than they deserve. (and yes I DO know that applies to Cardiff equally...). Just seems to me unfair that the Championes and Runners-Up have to miss out on the great Wembley nose-bag.

Both of today's teams would have preferred to have this game played at Old Trafford anyway for pretty obvious reasons.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will we get a thousand threads on here with people wetting themselves with laughter over gutted Rochdale fans (assuming they lose!)

nah, this is my favourite crying photo

ronaldo-crying.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here