Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robin Gibb......R.I.P.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In my opinion....you're entitled to yours!

I agree with you pal, Bee Gees over Beatles for me any day of the week. Just my musical preference, but I would rather boogie on down to Stayin' Alive than sway to Hey Jude. I covertly borrowed the Bee Gees greatest hits from my dad at the start of the year and really got into their groove, I hadn't appreciated them before really.

Either way, Beatles or Bee Gees, both are a heck of a lot better than the majority of bands around at the moment.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A reasonable point well made but isn't there a danger that once again we're confusing genuine grief for a loved one - your words - with being a bit fed up because a performer we didn't know personally but whose tunes/songs/jokes we quite liked had died? Most of us know what grief looks like and for my money it doesn't look much look the world of celebrities so many people seem to obsess about.

What I'm saying is that there is no wrong or right way to respond to death. It would be best if people took the morality out of the situation, so it isn't considered 'wrong' to make a joke about a celebrity dying. At the same time, it isn't 'wrong' to feel more than mild sadness for the death of someone who you've never met, even though others may consider it OTT. On the other hand, you don't have to go through pain if someone you love dies. It's a usual response to grieve, but that doesn't make it the only appropriate response.

The request I was making is to ask that people are OK with others who choose to respond to a death in a different way to themselves.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Will Barry re-release 'Staying Alive' now ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How Deep Is Your Love is still one of the greatest tracks ever

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here