Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robin Gibb......R.I.P.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, certainly true that people grieve in different ways. Not got a problem with people using humour if that's their way e.g. after Spike Milligan's death, I don't think there'd have been a better way to pay tribute to his life and work. No right or wrong here. Just be mindful that if, say, if a loved one of yours died, something making jokes at the news might not be considered by you as an appropriate response.

It's just about be considerate about how our responses 'land' with other people.

(OK, I'm off the soapbox now).

He had one his gravestone

" I told you I was ill "

RIP Robin.

Very sad. What's going on? Houston, MCA, Summer and now another loss to music. I Started a Joke and To Love Somebody are decent tunes. R.I.P.

I always felt that the Bee Gee's dont get the recognition they deserve. Compared to the Beatles, Stones, Who and the Kinks they seemed "uncool" and too poppy.

They wrote some great songs - it took me a while to learn that "To Love Somebody" was on of theres after hearing various cover by "proper" soul singers - I believe that it was originally written with Otis Redding. I really like "This is where I came in" from a fairly recent album, clever arrangement, lyrics and great harmonies.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I have opted against any 'staying alive comments' as this is genuinely sad. Loved the Bee Gees, pure disco gold

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, certainly true that people grieve in different ways. Not got a problem with people using humour if that's their way e.g. after Spike Milligan's death, I don't think there'd have been a better way to pay tribute to his life and work. No right or wrong here. Just be mindful that if, say, if a loved one of yours died, something making jokes at the news might not be considered by you as an appropriate response.

It's just about be considerate about how our responses 'land' with other people.

(OK, I'm off the soapbox now).

A reasonable point well made but isn't there a danger that once again we're confusing genuine grief for a loved one - your words - with being a bit fed up because a performer we didn't know personally but whose tunes/songs/jokes we quite liked had died? Most of us know what grief looks like and for my money it doesn't look much look the world of celebrities so many people seem to obsess about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here