Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberts To Start Next Week ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gareth Glover said:
This has to be a joke surely ?. Kuipers over the last 6 weeks has been our best player averaging over 8 and is being recognised by the nofthew as one of the best goalies in this division.

what an 8 from nsc?
this is the same voting that gives virgo 8s and 9s for doing nothing

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It does make me laugh when players get 8 and 9 on here then 5 and 6 in the papers.

Slight bias I think.

Having said that Kuipers is in excellent form and at least he shows he cares during games.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I would agree that Roberst is the better keeper but I do not think that Kuipers can be dropped at the moment. I would give Robersta coupl;e more reserve gamers to ensure his fitness and the re-appraise the situation.

Ditto.

Ned Zelic

Nov 6, 2004
Richie Morris said:
It does make me laugh when players get 8 and 9 on here then 5 and 6 in the papers.

Slight bias I think.

To be fair Andy Naylors marks in the Argus are always over generous - I'm sure he will award the back four from sat 6 out of 10 in Mondays paper. Its interesting to compare his marks to those awarded by the national papers(PA?). I guess he cannot afford to be too critical of players as it may upset them and he needs to maintain decnt relations and be able to speak to them for his paper.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Kuipers, again, kept the score respectable.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I can't believe that Kuipers' kicking is still considered an issue. Kuipers is better than Roberts in EVERY department. Handling, shot-stopping, crosses, control of the area, communication with back four, distribtiution and looks :safeway2: - Kuipers every time. Oh, and height. Roberts is a titch as far as goalies go.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
The Large One said:
I can't believe that Kuipers' kicking is still considered an issue. Kuipers is better than Roberts in EVERY department. Handling, shot-stopping, crosses, control of the area, communication with back four, distribtiution and looks :safeway2: - Kuipers every time. Oh, and height. Roberts is a titch as far as goalies go.

Utter nonsense! Kuipers' kicking is still erratic. His shot stopping is fine but he doesn't command his area or communicate with the back four as well as Roberts and his distribution is not so good. As a woman I guess I'd be expected to comment on looks! As far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison. Kuipers is not at all good looking in my opinion and, as for his physique, he's too chunky! With regard to height, Kuipers is 6'2" and Roberts is 6'1" so titch doesn't come into it! Roberts wins hands down on virtually all counts. I assume you speak in jest, or do you fancy Kuipers? :safeway :D ;)

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
True! it gets rather tedious!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fran Hagarty said:
Utter nonsense! Kuipers' kicking is still erratic. His shot stopping is fine but he doesn't command his area or communicate with the back four as well as Roberts and his distribution is not so good. As a woman I guess I'd be expected to comment on looks! As far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison. Kuipers is not at all good looking in my opinion and, as for his physique, he's too chunky! With regard to height, Kuipers is 6'2" and Roberts is 6'1" so titch doesn't come into it! Roberts wins hands down on virtually all counts. I assume you speak in jest, or do you fancy Kuipers? :safeway :D ;)
Do the stats say 6'1" for Roberts? They are fibbing surely. He is only just a wee bit taller than me (I am 5'9").

I think Roberts looks better when he has his big boots and red nose on, coming on to the pitch in a car belching out puffs of smoke and the car doors falling off.

:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
TLO
Stop winding Fran up :lolol:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yorkie said:
TLO

No worries, Yorkie, I treat the inane comments of wind-up merchants with the contempt they deserve!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You should never drop an in form player. Kuipers is in form.

Will people stop banging on about Kuipers and Roberts kicking - they are both as erratic as each other.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
TLO

Fran Hagarty said:
No worries, Yorkie, I treat the inane comments of wind-up merchants with the contempt they deserve!

Fran Hagarty said:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The Large One said:
Do the stats say 6'1" for Roberts? They are fibbing surely. He is only just a wee bit taller than me (I am 5'9").

I think Roberts looks better when he has his big boots and red nose on, coming on to the pitch in a car belching out puffs of smoke and the car doors falling off.

:lolol:

best post of the day - lightened a bad day - pity its true

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
There is no way Kuipers should be dropped at the moment. He stopped it being a cricket score on Saturday.

Main problem imho is that DC doesn't seem half the player since coming back after his op.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here