Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberts To Start Next Week ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Expecting a slating from the Kuipers camp but if Ben is fit I want him to start next week.

I know Kuipers has done well but we need some command from the keeper and Ben will also distribute better.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree that Roberst is the better keeper but I do not think that Kuipers can be dropped at the moment. I would give Robersta coupl;e more reserve gamers to ensure his fitness and the re-appraise the situation.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
I would agree that Roberst is the better keeper but I do not think that Kuipers can be dropped at the moment. I would give Robersta coupl;e more reserve gamers to ensure his fitness and the re-appraise the situation.

I prefer Roberts too, but I think you're right re not dropping Kuipers just yet.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Saw Roberts plat at Worthing and looks a bit rusty. Besides the FDM has had some amazing games and I would think that if he was dropped it would be poor management. MM has to keep both keepers happy and BR will have to await his turn. Otherwise FDM would think I will never get my chance and ask for transfer.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Del Boy said:
IMHO I don't think Kuipers has done much wrong. He doesn't deserve to be dropped.

BensGrandad said:

dougdeep said:

Fran Hagarty said:
I prefer Roberts too, but I think you're right re not dropping Kuipers just yet.

Lush said:
No way. Kuipers was a bloody hero today.

mrhairy said:
Saw Roberts plat at Worthing and looks a bit rusty. Besides the FDM has had some amazing games and I would think that if he was dropped it would be poor management. MM has to keep both keepers happy and BR will have to await his turn. Otherwise FDM would thinkI will never get my chance and ask for transfer.

What they said :lolol:

BensGrandad said:

I agree 100% :D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers is playing well, keep him in. alkthough it is slightly worrying the ammount of goals we are conceding. that could see roberts be given a chance to soon and see if it improves

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Kuipers is the better shot stopper but Roberts' kicking is superior. Just wish we could clone the two of them so we could have the best keeper in the league.
I'm a Kuipers fan though and don't think Roberts would have been able to do anything better than our current no1 to have changed any of the results so far.
Definately keep with what we've got.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kuipers did stop it being a cricket score today.

Somehow I feel the defence is more confident with Ben in goal (Tranmere excepted)

I love them both and agree with Gullet, wish we could mix them up together.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I stand by my first post - hope Ben is in goal Saturday

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
If we lose to West Ham with Roberts in goal the Kuipers fans will blame him, but if we lose with Kuipers in goal they'll blame the defence! Either way, lets hope we keep a clean sheet and Zamora scores an own goal as Turkey suggested in another thread!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
bit harsh to drop FDM but Roberts lets in fewer goals.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This has to be a joke surely ?. Kuipers over the last 6 weeks has been our best player averaging over 8 and is being recognised by the nofthew as one of the best goalies in this division.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Roberts is better but we dont know how good he is going to be returning from a serious injury. We cannot afford for him to come back not fit and anyway Kuipers is in the best form of his career and it would be criminal to drop him.

Kuipers deserves his palce more then any other player at the moment.

Forest away. Leiceter away. Who won these points? Kuipers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here