Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have to be a pretty sick person to say "I'm securing the future of the families of all these coaches, but you Ben will be staying here the rest of your life on a low PL goalkeeping salary, because otherwise Brighton need a new goalkeeper coach, plus we'll upset some depressed OAPs who will suddenly be pretending they give a shit about goalkeeper coaching so they can have another reason to groan and moan."

Why do you have to be rude about Brighton fans when they don't always agree with you immediately..." depressed OAPs". It's unnecessary IMO.

All in all, I've seen nearly as many people understanding Roberts (and in a way also Potter), and I like to distiguish those from those who seem to be building their lives around... not liking things and people.

It was your apparent characterisation of Brighton fans whom you disagree with (who judging by your follow up, primarily those that criticised Potter* ) as superficial, moaning “depressed OAPs” that probably rankled - not the fact you disagree with them or you have a valid point that some fans are more “people & staff orientated” and some more “club orientated.

I find it strange somehow that someone who has seemed joined at the hip to one manager for years, regardless of what club he was at, and regardless of his successive failures, should denigrate those fans who form an emotional attachment to their own manager because of the style of football he introduced and him getting us into Europe for the first time ever. Don’t try and take that away from people by calling them “depressed OAPs” - it‘s both an insult to the fans and an insult to OAPs.

*Fortunately it was heading into the international break and football was suspended that week because the Queen died and RDZ who was already one of our succession targets just happened to be available because Russia had invaded Ukraine - otherwise for us, Potter leaving like that could have been even worse.)

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Was he ever really our attacking coach? Or is this another NSC trope like the No Dickhead Policy being a rigid thing rather than something Maty Ryan referred to when he was talking about the club doing due diligence on every signing.
No, unlike the no dickhead thing, this is actually a fact. Bruno was attacking coach.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This taking everyone with him thing that is thrown about on here is obviously absolute nonsense. De Zerbi, as any new manager would, brought his whole team of coaches with him so they would have all been out of the door anyway. If that's one of the things people are upset with Potter about, they really need to get over it.
We all understand, but it's an emotional response, not a reasoned one. If we were all rational and unemotional about the club, there wouldn't be a club.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Was he ever really our attacking coach? Or is this another NSC trope like the No Dickhead Policy being a rigid thing rather than something Maty Ryan referred to when he was talking about the club doing due diligence on every signing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
No, unlike the no dickhead thing, this is actually a fact. Bruno was attacking coach

I know when he first started coaching he was working closely with new players and then was doing some work on match days where he’d have a watching brief from high up in the West Stand and would analyse play and show players what they’d done good or needed to improve at half time. I never knew this actually led to him becoming attacking coach, definitely seems an odd role for a defender (certainly one who wasn’t a consistent goal scorer) to have which is why I always thought it was some sort of joke.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
RDZ spotted in Athens today. Any of the top greek teams looking for a manager ?

(Or he could just be on holiday of course)

..... I see panathanikos are looking for a new manager

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Replacement manager for the Greek National team, replacing Gus Poyet, who of course is coming bac......................
Panathanikos.... ? He did say he wanted better weather

Or maybe meeting the forest owner ?!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
RDZ spotted in Athens today. Any of the top greek teams looking for a manager ?

(Or he could just be on holiday of course)

..... I see panathanikos are looking for a new manager

Well Matias Almeyda faced sanctions in April after getting into a physical fight with his own players in the dugout- wouldn’t surprise me if that was the tip of the iceberg with his behaviour and AEK have decided to let him go. 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here