Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I feel the club has missed an opportunity to approach the very best manager they could've wanted. We are 4th in PL have played outstanding football and are admired by many in the game. I hope to be proven wrong but i'm very underwhelmed by the appointment

We are 4th in the Premier League and admired by many in the game because we are a well structured outfit that has decided on how we wish to play, how we wish to operate in the transfer market and what kind of coaching we need to get the best from the type of players we sign. We've appointed the type of manager who we think fits our model. Just because most of us hadn't heard of him until last week doesn't mean he's not the best fit for us. Going for a name manager, suited to working in clubs with far larger resources than ours would be a move completely against our methodology. De Zerbi is not a guarantee of success, but he does represent a plan for continuity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exciting appointment but I know that he and his team have to get work permits, so I'm assuming he won't be allowed on the training ground until those are through
We should send the players to Italy to train for 10 days

phoenix

May 18, 2009
How can you be so down on a guy before he has even had a game in charge yet? I don't know if he will be great here either, but has a good background and fits in with how we like to do things. Who's to say he wasn't their preferred choice all along?

He's been down on Roberto De Zerbi more than once from the posts ive read.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkbVBu_ueg

You might find this interesting I am half way through. He does have traits of Gus Poyet. I remember Ankergran used to hold onto the ball and wait for a player to approach him so space would appear further up the pitch.Our defence is going to do that now.

I don't wish to appear rude, but we have been doing that continually ever since, gradually stepping up the ability of our keeper to do that with Stockdale, Ryan and the Big Bob :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Welcome Bob The Zebra

My brother sent me one of these tactical videos and I thought his style of play looked very similar to Poyet’s.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I feel the club has missed an opportunity to approach the very best manager they could've wanted

Rumours has it that the club until the last second was choosing between the manager they wanted or the manager they could have wanted, but eventually went with the one they wanted.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't wish to appear rude, but we have been doing that continually ever since, gradually stepping up the ability of our keeper to do that with Stockdale, Ryan and the Big Bob :thumbsup:

I mean literally standing still with the ball. Nobody has done that the way Ankergran used to do it, from this video I think we will be doing that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rumours has it that the club until the last second was choosing between the manager they wanted or the manager they could have wanted, but eventually went with the one they wanted.

:laugh::goal::salute:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I feel the club has missed an opportunity to approach the very best manager they could've wanted. We are 4th in PL have played outstanding football and are admired by many in the game. I hope to be proven wrong but i'm very underwhelmed by the appointment
Maybe the club didn't want to 'do' a Chelsea, and only went for out of work managers. Seems a coincident that he was chosen, and someone on this thread suggested he was the only one spoken to for the vacancy. Let's hope he's good for BHA. At least he has CL experience for when . . . I'll leave it there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First Press Conference!!!!!

"Ciao, miei piccoli amici inglesi. Sono qui per gestire la tua squadra di football e fare l'amore con delle belle donne inglesi. Mi piacciono le macchine veloci e i vestiti eleganti. Non ci saranno Mary Queens nella mia squadra. Ho portato mia mamma a cucinare per la squadra e mangeremo la pasta. Preparati per la massima eccitazione. A presto."

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps so but given the club has never been in a better position to attract a top manager why have we settled for not even second best? That's what I do not understand.

The reasomm we didn't go for a Poch, a Pep or a Conte for example - or whatever sort of fantasy 'top' manager you're waffling about - is exacty the same reason we haven't gone for Haaland, CR7 or Ibrahimovich to solve our 'striker problem'. If you can't understand that, I suggest following Brighton isn't for you.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe the club didn't want to 'do' a Chelsea, and only went for out of work managers. Seems a coincident that he was chosen, and someone on this thread suggested he was the only one spoken to for the vacancy. Let's hope he's good for BHA. At least he has CL experience for when . . . I'll leave it there.

Believe that you'll believe anything. TB and PB would have gone for whomever they felt was the best man for the job. He was only available because of the small issue of a war.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's been down on Roberto De Zerbi more than once from the posts ive read.

Ooh ............ been down on him more than once ............. is there a coming out in the offing? Would be so Brighton (and would probably.....ermmm....go down well on NSC!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here