Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Earnshaw?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Earnshaw would be great but I'd rather have a target man to play alongside Hosky.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Can't believe the negativity about him. Think some are getting a bit carried away with the Robbie Keane nonsense. The bottom line for any transfer is: are they better than what we already have, and would they give us something different? The answer on both those counts is yes. He's also very quick and pace is something we currently lack. For various reasons, he hasn't played that many games over recent seasons but Earnshaw is also a proven goalscorer at Championship level. He'd be a good signing.

You are correct. That is Gus' mantra from last season. However, the way he is talking now - they need to be MUCH BETTER. Earnie is past his best, and that was never as good as Bobby. Whatever Bardiff fans used to say.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Can't believe the negativity about him. Think some are getting a bit carried away with the Robbie Keane nonsense. The bottom line for any transfer is: are they better than what we already have, and would they give us something different? The answer on both those counts is yes. He's also very quick and pace is something we currently lack. For various reasons, he hasn't played that many games over recent seasons but Earnshaw is also a proven goalscorer at Championship level. He'd be a good signing.

Good post. Keep him fit and play him most weeks and he will get you goals, no question. Id take him tomorrow, esp on a free!!!

35yearstop2divs

May 16, 2011
Having a medical at Palace tommorow , will he suit playing with Murray as being suggested big man little man partnership . Is Murray good at hold up play ? not taking the pi## just intrested to know ?

Oct 25, 2003
Having a medical at Palace tommorow , will he suit playing with Murray as being suggested big man little man partnership . Is Murray good at hold up play ? not taking the pi## just intrested to know ?

he was very good at hold up play in league 1........whether or not he will make the step up is anyone's guess

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Both moody buggers at times, could get tasty!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bored witless on a Friday night with unbearably bad tv so just trawling through the players people have suggested we might sign.

Sad I know but he never did have a medical at Palace and every time I go through the list of people we might sign I come back to the Zambian Prince. Free transfer so a hefty signing-on fee and a lower weekly salary might counter potential issues.

Ernie to start with a lump like Lambert (if Saints do sign Sharpe) on the bench for Plan B?

It whiles away some time.....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here