Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Earnshaw?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
2008–09 Nottingham Forest Championship 32 Games 12 Goals
2009–10 34 Games 17 goals
2010–11 36 Games 9 goals

I've always rated him, eye for goal, knows the division and as shown is capable of scoring in the right side.

Saying that, I think Gus will go for a target man style figure next. We have the speedy ish striker in Hoskins. Just my opinion.

Rumours coming out of Wales say Earnie could find himself back at Cardiff.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
2007–2008 Derby County played 22 goals (1)..... no tah. 1 goal per 3 games at forest. next

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
2007–2008 Derby County played 22 goals (1)..... no tah. 1 goal per 3 games at forest. next

I'm not sure that you can simplfy it that way though. What happens when you factor in the quality of the team he was in, the level of oppo, the team preparedness, his relationships with other players - it can make a huge difference. I'm not saying he'd turn in to Superman, but things are not always as black and white as your post suggests.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Yeah, banging in goals for fun for the past few seasons in the Championship, no thanks!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He got no justice at Derby. I think it was Jewel who signed him and then hardly ever played him. Jewel really didn't like him, and I believe that goes some way to explaining his poor form.

fair enough [MENTION=11713]DerbyGull[/MENTION] many players do seem to lose their way at our local DCFC.

See they bagged Nathan Tyson in the derby telegraph. All our Murray hatred and it seems so many players like Earnshaw and Tyson cross the very bitter Derby Forest divide

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
fair enough [MENTION=11713]DerbyGull[/MENTION] many players do seem to lose their way at our local DCFC.

See they bagged Nathan Tyson in the derby telegraph. All our Murray hatred and it seems so many players like Earnshaw and Tyson cross the very bitter Derby Forest divide

Yea that made me laugh! Direby were so DIRE last season they go and buy Nathan 'can't hit a barndoor or provide an assist' Tyson! Oh dear relegation certainties for me if they don't get a proper striker. I honestly thought Murray would go to them over Palace. Anyway i'm at the 'other' end of the Brian Clough Way these days. f*** Derby hope they go down :lolol:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Class player at this level.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I love how people like to present statistics in a way to suit their agenda.

1. Derby were in the Premier League, and in terms of quality, a significant level above the Championship.
2. Derby were absolute gash, finishing the season with a record low of 11 points and just one win.
3. Whilst Earnshaw made 22 appearances in the league, only 7 of them were starts. He made three other appearances in other competitions, scoring once.

Earnshaw is a top-class striker at Championship level, and I'd love to have him here, personally.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Earnshaw is a top-class striker at Championship level, and I'd love to have him here, personally.[/QUOTE]

So would i.
Anyone who wouldn`t is clueless.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Can't believe the negativity about him. Think some are getting a bit carried away with the Robbie Keane nonsense. The bottom line for any transfer is: are they better than what we already have, and would they give us something different? The answer on both those counts is yes. He's also very quick and pace is something we currently lack. For various reasons, he hasn't played that many games over recent seasons but Earnshaw is also a proven goalscorer at Championship level. He'd be a good signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here