Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Lots of rumours linking him to us ( Tranmere ), I remember him getting a fair bit of stick when he was at Brighton on loan, anything positive to say on him so I can convince myself he will be a good replacement for Antony Kay?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yes - he was amazing down here. Greatest player since Mark Lawrenson to ever wear the stripes and was instrumental in our survival this season...

Oh who am I kidding...he was gash!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Lots of rumours linking him to us ( Tranmere ), I remember him getting a fair bit of stick when he was at Brighton on loan, anything positive to say on him so I can convince myself he will be a good replacement for Antony Kay?

Too old, too slow, no interest. Nice bloke by the looks of things though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He's Welsh

Oh...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He had zero interest in playing for us, although he was only on loan for a month and wasn't really very fit. A typically CRAP Micky Adams signing this time round I'm afraid.

If you sign him, I hope he is motivated to play for your club - but I wouldn't be certain about that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Had a good first game for us and then did nothing for a month.

Perhaps the biggest indictment of his time with us is that he spent much of the time on the bench.

And if you saw our team for all but about six weeks of last season, and consider he couldn't even get into THAT, it should tell you all you need to know.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Anyone see the story on pg 11 of the Argus on Monday (?) about how Savage
had been turned away from a Brighton nightclub coz he didn't have the right ID?

The article said this happened when he was on loan at the club ie 5 or 6 months ago!!!

Another complete NON-story (and out of date non-story!) from the Arsegas!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure playing for Tranmere was precisely the way he hoped he would end his career - not.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Absolute crock of shit. All this rubbish about him being a good player who couldn't fit into our style of play was rubbish. He didn't want to know and to be honest he thought he could take everyone (including Micky Adams) for a mug and swan around down here doing nothing. Certainly one of the worst loan signings (in terms of value for money) we have ever made, I can only guess what it cost us but I dread to think. No doubt this was one of the signings Tommy Fraser was referring to in his post Stockport match interview.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

He did OK. He tried hard and you obviously know what you're going to get from him, but I think people on here thought he was going to set the world alight, which he didn't.

The fact that we were reportedly paying silly money for him didn't help his cause either, and I think he was signed just to appease the fans with a big name.

He wasn't match fit when he was here, but I think with a decent pre-season he would be an excellent signing at this level.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
we didn't win a single league game that he played in. our only wins during his loan period game when he was taken off at half time (we were 0.2 down at half time) and when he stayed on the bench for 90 mins.

draw your own conclusion

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think he had an attitude problem as such. Unfortunately for him, I think it was more that he just doesn't have it any more, his best days are way, way past.

From where I sat, he continually gave the ball away or committed fouls. As crap as we were, he managed to be worse. Can you put that down to fitness, I don't know.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the loan spell obviously worked out well for him, as he went back to derby and got in their team did he not?

think he would be a good player at this level if he was on the cheap, fit and knew that he was representing his club, as opposed to just playing for a team for a period that was never going to be for more than a month

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
He was Beirut bound at some point last season

hmmn Beirut or Birkenhead...go for the safer option in the Eastern Med

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Nothing positive at all, she raped us of a whole handful of wages and ponced about in her flash motor. She's just a has been slut! :mad:

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
His main attribute was his combatitive style - throwing himself into tackles, closing down and all that. It looked like he'd lost his will for it. Take that away and there was not a lot left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here