Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage Rising Star?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i c Savage picked up an award last night re his broadcasting...i find him hard to listen to ..laughs at his own jokes...and if a punter comes on and disagrees with his view the guy seems to launch into some sort of manic verbal tirade.

just my opinion..what do u think

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I believe he begged for weeks and weeks to get his twitter followers to vote. Offering prizes for those who voted for him if he won.

I doubt any of the other shortlisted people did that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's an average broadcaster for sure and he does laugh at his own jokes, but I like the fact he doesn't take himself seriously and comes out with some moderately controversial and yet agreeable stuff from time to time. He's the sort of bloke who might call Harry Redknapp to account on 606 next time he calls himself a miracle worker, for example.

He'll never be a Danny Baker though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I like him, and I think he's quite good with people who disagree with him, has a bit of banter and gives them a chance to discuss it. Alan Green, Collymore and the rest just seem to cut people off, then tell them they're idiots

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Savage does make incisive comments which no doubt is his appeal as a footie pundit.......and can be interesting - unlike some other ex-Pros. Gareth Southgate who could talk a brick to sleep, or Claridge.......

However Savage really irritates me 'cos too often he shouts down anyone who disagrees with his view, he is just an egotistical bully. That is not proper journalism or broadcasting. It rather proves my point if he canvassed votes on Twitter so he could get this award. Wouldn't be surprised if he oversteps the mark sometime and ends up on TalkSport.

Will be interesting to hear how Gary Neville shapes up - he could be similarly irritating.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I haven't made up my mind about him yet, at times he comes up with some interesting points of view and has strong opinions on certain issues, other times he can be way too quick to shoot people down in flames for suggesting anything different.

Needs to balance out a little which will hopefully come with experience. Didn't really deserve an award yet though.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The mild entertainment he provides is offset by what a twat he is.

The worst thing he does is whenever someone comes on 606 and criticises/disagrees with him all he does is sit there shouting "that's just your opinion, that's just your opinion, that's just your opinion." Thank you so much Robbie for teaching me the difference between an unquestionably fact and someones opinion, given that I generally expect callers to provide the latter on this phone in do you think we might get on with it rather than trying to form the argument of someone with a mental age of 12?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he's a thick shouty argumentative up his own arse annoying twat

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bl00dy hate the tw4t. Whiny, high-pitched northern drone, really annoying sound. Then, he talks sh1t, argues and is far too disrepectful of people who have called in. he's not intelligent, he'll never make a manager or a pundit, and if the BBC did some proper audience research (which gthey can no longer afford to do) the whiny prick would be outta here triple quick. i have not listened to the programme since he started on it, and I suspect a few others may feel the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't get it. He's little more than an ignorant pub bore. Few of his ideas and thoughts are solid, most have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese and his co-presenters often argue this out with him. I had to switch off when he got all tongue-tied trying to argue which clubs were "big". It was embarrassing when tried to present his reasoning and contradicted himself or fell over at every attempt.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Alan Green, Collymore and the rest just seem to cut people off, then tell them they're idiots

Agree, he will at least hear people out.

Whiny, high-pitched northern drone, really annoying sound. .

Isn't he Welsh, or do you mean North Walean?

Personally I think he is refreshing, a little bit different, and will probably improve now that he can concentrate more time to it. He could end up being quite good.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I definitely think he could grow into the role and become quite good at it, however I wouldn't be surprised if he went down hill rapidly and ended up on talksport

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree, he will at least hear people out.

Isn't he Welsh, or do you mean North Walean?

Personally I think he is refreshing, a little bit different, and will probably improve now that he can concentrate more time to it. He could end up being quite good.

Refreshing? If you want to be refreshed I can give you the details of a number of pubs in Brighton where you will find many similarly dull, uninformed but loud characters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I definitely think he could grow into the role and become quite good at it, however I wouldn't be surprised if he went down hill rapidly and ended up on talksport

He's too young for Talksport.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Be fair, no-one comes close to him!

Personally, I really wanted to dislike Savage on the radio, but I actually find him quite good.

I'm with you on that.

To be fair to Robbie, he does also have a knowledge of life below the Prem too, which is a breath of fresh air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here