Robbie Savage Rising Star?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Refreshing? If you want to be refreshed I can give you the details of a number of pubs in Brighton where you will find many similarly dull, uninformed but loud characters.
Really? And which pubs are they that are filled with ex international, prem and league footballers that can comment based upon their experience within the game? I expect the 'characters' you refer to hcan talk the talk but have not walked the walk.

Personally I wanted to dislike Savage but still find him interesting to listen to, probably because his is the viewpoint of someone who is playing the game at a high level and he is pretty candid about it, especially regarding how rules have changed and even the players don't seem to know what is what

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Savage is the same as all the other ex prem player bores. You have a choice when selecting pundits, journalists who can string a sentence together and who are not afraid of upsetting the players, or, ex players who either hold grudges or are too afraid to criticise their mates. Add in the fact that most footballers are barely literate simpletons (Claridge, Sheringham and, dear god, Merson being prime examples) you have the full case for no ex players as pundits.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks for the replies...i find the bit where he says ''thats just yur opinion'' so amusing...as people actually ring up to give there opinion!....hey ho

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
i c Savage picked up an award last night re his broadcasting...i find him hard to listen to ..laughs at his own jokes...and if a punter comes on and disagrees with his view the guy seems to launch into some sort of manic verbal tirade.

just my opinion..what do u think
Agreed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? And which pubs are they that are filled with ex international, prem and league footballers that can comment based upon their experience within the game? I expect the 'characters' you refer to hcan talk the talk but have not walked the walk.

Personally I wanted to dislike Savage but still find him interesting to listen to, probably because his is the viewpoint of someone who is playing the game at a high level and he is pretty candid about it, especially regarding how rules have changed and even the players don't seem to know what is what

He might have played the game but this does not necessarily make him more perceptive, observant or insightful than someone who has not. Can you provide an example of something he has said which you either did not know or you would have never thought about yourself?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Savage is the same as all the other ex prem player bores. You have a choice when selecting pundits, journalists who can string a sentence together and who are not afraid of upsetting the players, or, ex players who either hold grudges or are too afraid to criticise their mates. Add in the fact that most footballers are barely literate simpletons (Claridge, Sheringham and, dear god, Merson being prime examples) you have the full case for no ex players as pundits.

This. I'd rather listen to a good journo talking about football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here