Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Road Rage

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
when someone pisses me off I will pretty much tailgate them, beep the horn and shout WANKER at them as I go past them.

On the way to Sheffield last season a transit cut me up on the M1, so we made a "Pikey" sign and held it up to him. He wasn't very happy coz it turned out he actually looked ans might well have been one, and proceeded to try to run me off the road.

Now a 1.2 with 4 people is not the best getaway car but i managed to tip 100 in order to get away from the cocker. :clap2:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Far better to wave sweetly and blow kisses at the idiot. Sends them into total meltdown, 'cos not only have you questioned their driving ability, you are now questioning their manhood and implying that you fancy them. Generally, road ragers can't cope with that and are inclined to make silly driving mistakes in their determination to show you how great they really are.

Personally, I've found that having neon blue lights fitted inside the grille, plus having alternate flashing headlights works wonders for the idiot who pulls in front of you, but I strongly suspect that it may be illegal for most of the population to have them fitted!

I do know someone who has a police warrant card that he waves at people to get them to pull over, as he accelerates into the distance. Again, I suspect it could be illegal for many of us...

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
curly said:
was peacefully driving down old kent road last year (normally give way too everyone here) was in the right hand lane when someone decides to overtake me on the inside, then overtakes some parked cars, (reason i was in the righthand lane) and moves over at me, forcing me into the centre of the road, they are inches from me, this carried on for about 50 yards, they actually caught me rear bumper, after the next lights he overtakes me and slams his brakes on and drives at ten miles per hour, now i am a placid man, but he made me mad, lucky for me the next set of lights, they were red so out i jumped and ran towards them, two old gits, sat frozen facing forward whilst a 18 stone, stocky man with a skinhead was banging on their window, asking him to get out so i could explain the highway code to them, the lights turned green and he drove off, i accidently caught his aerial, which bent, funny though none of the cars waiting behind me beeped their horns whilst waitng for me too return too me car.

f***ing bully!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhanutz said:
f***ing bully!

Funny that. Considering the way some of the coffin dodgers drive, they need a good shock.

Being a bloke puts you at an immediate disadvantage in a row with a pensioner/female/etc because they assume you are going to be in the wrong. I ripped a woman's head off because she was about to run over a small child in a car park (unable to look over her shoulder or use the makeup mirror to see if she was clear to reverse), and because I slapped her car and shouted, a passerby called the police - luckily the car park had CCTV and proved my point. Dozy bitch - being female or old should not excuse you from catching an earful because you are incompetent, no matter what the size of the deliverer is!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
....aaaargh, think I might have just fallen foul of this...was driving at just below the speed limit on a dual carriageway and about to overtake someone in the inside lane when without indicating he pulled straight in front of me, I had to break drastically to avoid a trip up his exhaust pipe as he was only doing about 30mph...as did a taxi following me. A couple of hundred yards further down we arrived at a roundabout and I found myself alongside him, I wound down my window and attracting his attention pointed at my wing mirror and in the direction of my indicator...his passenger wound down her window and I asked politely if he had heard of mirrors and indicators (as commonly referred to in the highway code in that useful piece of advice of mirror, signal, manouevre)...he had managed the last without recourse to the first two.

He then started a torrent of abuse, most of which went over my head, the light then turned green and we both went our separate ways. Was I wrong to do this, even though my concern was purely personal, this prat is a danger to himself and other road users.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m always amazed at how quickly irate, gesticulating drivers calm down when you get out of the car to discuss matters.
Mind you being six foot five and 17 stone helps a bit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I used to get really pissed off and hoot and gesticulate at what I thought was shit driving. These days I only hoot if someone is about to hit me, otherwise I just assume that if they can drive that stupidly and dangerously there's f*** all I can do to stop them and I'll be getting upset and angry for nothing.

I do still undertake people who sit in the outside lane doing the speed limit on dual carriageways and motorways who refuse to move into the clear inside lane. Really pisses me off that some drivers set themsleves up as unofficial policimen. it's the only reason i can think of for not getting out of the way of a car that wants to overtake you. If some guy comes flying up behind me travelling way quicker than me I'll move out of the way so i guess i expect others to do the same. Reading this thread it seems some people go out of their way to piss other drivers off by trying to stop them overtaking, all a bit pointless imo.

The only bad incident of road rage I've seen was a guy driving along in front of me who hooted a car pulling out dangerously in front of him. It was a country lane in the west country. The guy who'd pulled out stopped his car in the middle of the quiet road, got out holding a baseball bat and came back and whacked the bonnet of the car who'd tooted him. and then threatened the driver...nice

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing is that he will know that he didn't indicate, or presumably check any of his mirrors, otherwise he will have seen me about to overtake...perhaps he didn't like being reminded, or informed, of his errors!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To many to list.I always have a decent weapon in my car though if things turn ugly.

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
i had some twat pull out from behind me at a junctionwhen i started to go and cut me up, i used the horn flashed the lights and called him a f***ing wanker and gave hime a few signals, he had some kids and his wife with him , so they got to see and hear some colourful language, all this so he could get one place ahead of me for the multistorey,

i saw where the twat parked and when he gone deflated all of his tyres. i hope he f***ed his wheels on his chav car.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Normally I just can't be bothered to get into it with another driver who's too retarded to try and explain the error of their ways to. However one time in the US some 'Good Old Boy' cut me up so badly I nearly ended up in a ditch. I had the temerity to hoot at this moron and he took offence. He slammed on his brakes and stopped in the middle of the road.

I took exception to this and it was clear that he was a bit non plussed that somebody would actually be prepared to debate the matter with him. I then got out of the car which surprised him even more. The 'usual' exchange of pleasantries ensued including the American tradition of debating my mother's sexual history. (My British accent completely confused him, believe me at the time I looked a pure redneck). I decided to be subtle so I kicked him in the groin then slammed his face into the side of his car, leaving a bit if a red tinged dent.

Not proud of it but I think that bloke might be a bit more circumspect when he tries that sort of act again. Somehow I doubt it though.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I did chin a bloke once and knocked him out :ohmy:

Was slowing down on the motorbike for traffic lights on the A13, Bloke in BMW looking at his stereo not the road veered across the lanes and missed my front wheel by inches:eek:

Stopped at the lights and flicked the stand up on the bike went and had a quiet word and he just started gobbing off a bit too much so chinned him clean out :lolol: My G/F at the time wasn't too impressed though

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I did chin a bloke once and knocked him out :ohmy:

Was slowing down on the motorbike for traffic lights on the A13, Bloke in BMW looking at his stereo not the road veered across the lanes and missed my front wheel by inches:eek:

Stopped at the lights and flicked the stand up on the bike went and had a quiet word and he just started gobbing off a bit too much so chinned him clean out :lolol: My G/F at the time wasn't too impressed though
Yeah right oh ! It is funny that you seem to have done EVERYTHING bigger and better than everyone else. I wish I was as cool as you !

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
Wow, this thread has just made me remember when i was about 10 i was in a mates dad's car and we ended up scraping paint with someone at around 70mph along kingsway. It was like being in 2 fast 2 furious.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Several years ago, I was pulling away from the lights leading from the Upper Lewes Road that lead into the Vogue Gyratory where Sainsbury is (although may have street names wrong) I indicated to pull into the lane to go towards Lewes, and as i pulled over, the car behind me also moved out into the same lane and then try to accelerate to pass me, even though he knew i was moving out, and that there was no space for him to overtake me either.

He then proceeded to follow me, starting by driving as close as he could to my boot, then he would pull along side me serving towards and the away from me, almost hitting my car several times, while his passenger and himself started swearing at me. The the accelerated and then cut me up, before repeating this several times, until we got as far as Wild Park.

I just ignored him the whole time, and just didn't react to him or how he was driving which wound the **** up, and he eventually gave up, slowed down and turned around and drove in the opposite direction.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I find the best way to annoy a bad driver is to give them a friendly wave and a big smile, it drives them crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here