Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rizzle Kicks

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Review on Amazon: "I personally have not heard this artist, as i bought it for my wife, but as far as i can gather, she enjoys it so thats all that matters... "

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My daughter saw them on Saturday - they came on at the end of the Olly Murs concert at the O2.

Olly Murs is on at Brighton shortly - I presume the RKs will be making an appearance?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
good mates with both of them, use to go to withdean to watch brighton games with the singer harley.

the-inbetweeners-football-friend-mens-t-shirt-37512-p.png

:lolol:

Sorry had to be done..

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Going to see them at the Dome at the end of April.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Minor Breaches was funny. The original version of Down With the Trumpets was ace, before they got rid of most of the trumpets and garage-d it up. Remember almost having a seizure at Cigarette, but they're going to do stuff like Mama do the Hump, there's no money in the hip-hop they actually want to make. Fair doos, their trade is transient and they need a mainstream audience to make the moolah. They've gone from Green Door/Scala to the Dome in a year without playing many gigs, so it must be working.

[yt]7BUdcgQzuLs[/yt]

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
'hip hop' for teen girls and home county indie kids. they have a winning formula, but i am more a fan of the aforementioned 'guns, girls & ganja' type of hiphop, but good luck to them.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
'hip hop' for teen girls and home county indie kids. they have a winning formula, but i am more a fan of the aforementioned 'guns, girls & ganja' type of hiphop, but good luck to them.

With a user name like that who would have guessed you're easlily impressed by that sort of thing?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

If you were their parents you'd want them to make as much wonga as they can. Example made probably the best UK hip-hop album I've heard in the past ten years, but he was playing to 30 people at Audio two years ago. The version they play of Trumpets at the Amex is painfully produced, wired to rake it in from people who don't like music. The album's still a good 'un.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Obviously I'm generalising from the mainstream crap, Rizzle Kicks have gone to the mainstream, which in comparison to the other big names, makes it refreshing.

Yeah, they have no songs about Guns/Women/Drugs where all other rap is about that.

Yeah, they've released a couple of kid friendly songs, but your comments on "mainstream" is f***ing stupid. Pop and Rock artists have songs about drugs, money, women and you never see people make such stupid blanket statements :yawn:

Going to see them at the Dome at the end of April.

If you want to pick up a 14 year old girl, then you've picked a good place, as 95% of the audience will be pre-pubescent girls. The other 5% will be parents, paedophiles and drunk 15 year old boys, aiming to pick up said girls.

:thumbsup: That ^

I don't mind Rizzle Kicks, they're ok but people on here wank over them because they're from Brighton. FACT. They're a British hip-hop artist who has broken through and became more pop

Did I miss the threads for Wiley, Dizzee, Wretch 32, Tinie Tempah, Skepta, Sway, N-Dubz, Chipmunk and Bashy. Will Ghostpoet, English Frank, Ice Kid, Elro etc get a thread when they breaks through?

Of course they bloody won't, because they're not local. If Rizzle Kicks lived in Swindon or Stockport, they wouldn't get a mention on here. :yawn:
:shrug:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Yeah, they have no songs about Guns/Women/Drugs where all other rap is about that.

Yeah, they've released a couple of kid friendly songs, but your comments on "mainstream" is f***ing stupid. Pop and Rock artists have songs about drugs, money, women and you never see people make such stupid blanket statements :yawn:
:

That's cool.

Do you often go off on a tangent like that? Pretty pathetic, go take Valium or something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here