Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rizzle Kicks

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Of course they bloody won't, because they're not local. If Rizzle Kicks lived in Swindon or Stockport, they wouldn't get a mention on here. :yawn:
:shrug:

Yeah, it's REALLY ANNOYING when people on here talk about local pubs, shops, bands, football and stuff. NOT FAIR!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
mmm if you say so.
im just voicing my opinions on said group, no need to get scournful over my choice in music...
But it's alright for you"to get scournful" over peoples choices, before wheeling out your "hardcore" preferences.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Yeah, it's REALLY ANNOYING when people on here talk about local pubs, shops, bands, football and stuff. NOT FAIR!

The point I'm making is, a lot of people on here like them because of their location.

Support your local team, yeah fine but liking a band because of where they grew up seems weird to me. If they were not from Brighton and somebody had started a thread you can almost guarantee the comments wouldn't be so universally positive.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
If you were their parents you'd want them to make as much wonga as they can. Example made probably the best UK hip-hop album I've heard in the past ten years, but he was playing to 30 people at Audio two years ago. The version they play of Trumpets at the Amex is painfully produced, wired to rake it in from people who don't like music. The album's still a good 'un.

I have no problem with people wanting to make money. The likes of Dizzee Rascal/Tinchy etc etc in my opinion have sold out, only due to the fact ive listened to that type of music from the days of the Dark Garage scene in the late 90's and know how lyrically capable they are. However if i was them i would take the chance to 'sell out' as soon as that opportunity arose, due to the fact that grime/rap/hiphop/dubstep in this country does not make you money outside of the mainstream. Which really is a shame, as the likes of Wiley, Klashnekoff, K Koke etc etc have the gifts of word play and are very good artists, but unless they stop talking about what they have either gone through or seen in their lives (the so called 'hardcore' stuff) and start doing lyrics about champagne, clubbing or 'bonkers' shit they wont ever go anywhere further in life than the estates they where born in.

As i said good luck to the lads, im sure they are good musicians, i just believe its a real shame that what i call roots UK hiphop/urban music in general doesnt get the same limelight as this watered down tosh for posh kids.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
But it's alright for you"to get scournful" over peoples choices, before wheeling out your "hardcore" preferences.

I wasnt being scournful, i was just stating what i think of the band, never did i say everyone who listens to them are f'in mugs or whatever. You're the one getting personal.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I have no problem with people wanting to make money. The likes of Dizzee Rascal/Tinchy etc etc in my opinion have sold out, only due to the fact ive listened to that type of music from the days of the Dark Garage scene in the late 90's and know how lyrically capable they are. However if i was them i would take the chance to 'sell out' as soon as that opportunity arose, due to the fact that grime/rap/hiphop/dubstep in this country does not make you money outside of the mainstream. Which really is a shame, as the likes of Wiley, Klashnekoff, K Koke etc etc have the gifts of word play and are very good artists, but unless they stop talking about what they have either gone through or seen in their lives (the so called 'hardcore' stuff) and start doing lyrics about champagne, clubbing or 'bonkers' shit they wont ever go anywhere further in life than the estates they where born in.

As i said good luck to the lads, im sure they are good musicians, i just believe its a real shame that what i call roots UK hiphop/urban music in general doesnt get the same limelight as this watered down tosh for posh kids.

Also, what this guy is saying.

There is some real talent in the U.K Hip-Hop scene but people just can't make money unless they go pop. The list of people who have "broken through" is massive, each and every one of them talented in their own way but had to resort to the same old tired Hip-Pop to get any money or chart notice.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Of course there's more interest in them on here because they are local - isn't there some communication studies model to illustrate this effect. Decent arguments on both sides (hardcore and pop) and you're never going to please all the people all opf the time but I think that they strike a good balance and yes right now their audience is predominantly teenage girls. However their cheeky chappiness, some clever lyrics, catchy vocal hooks and a lack of gangsta-ness broadens their appeal. They'll never get the hardcore hip hop audience and as a couple of middle class lads they'd look pretty stupid trying to. I love them.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Also, what this guy is saying.

There is some real talent in the U.K Hip-Hop scene but people just can't make money unless they go pop. The list of people who have "broken through" is massive, each and every one of them talented in their own way but had to resort to the same old tired Hip-Pop to get any money or chart notice.

I feel you.

I've got a season ticket but i've stopped going to the Albion now as it's populist sell-out.
I'm fed up with mainstream look we've gone with, with CMS and Vicente.
I miss the days of having such bare, edgy and off-the-hook players like Albert Jarret and Robbie Pethick

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I first noticed them last yearish when someone posted about them in a 'bands who will make it big' this year thread, I can't remember maybe @<a href="http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/member.php?u=3930" target="_blank">Kaz</a> enga ?

I then listened to theirs music on songs loved them all, Especially Miss Cigarette which is a great tune. I'd say 85% the music and the other 15% because their from Brighton but they wouldn't have been so successful on people from Brighton buying their music alone, Others are and credit to the boys for that.

Brilliant song ^ Below is also up there for me.

Last edited:

davey

Intacwarrior
Apr 22, 2009
whats wrong with bigging them up cos there from brighton? they are both doig very well for themselves and want to sponsor brighton one day so we should all get behind them as much as we can!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you were their parents you'd want them to make as much wonga as they can. Example made probably the best UK hip-hop album I've heard in the past ten years, but he was playing to 30 people at Audio two years ago. The version they play of Trumpets at the Amex is painfully produced, wired to rake it in from people who don't like music. The album's still a good 'un.

If I was their parents i would prefer them to make the best music they can. There is more to life than money, creating something deep and beautiful that will exist and be appreciated beyond ones lifetime is far more important. but hey maybe that is just me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Y

I don't mind Rizzle Kicks, they're ok but people on here wank over them because they're from Brighton. FACT. They're a British hip-hop artist who has broken through and became more pop

Did I miss the threads for Wiley, Dizzee, Wretch 32, Tinie Tempah, Skepta, Sway, N-Dubz, Chipmunk and Bashy. Will Ghostpoet, English Frank, Ice Kid, Elro etc get a thread when they breaks through?

Of course they bloody won't, because they're not local. If Rizzle Kicks lived in Swindon or Stockport, they wouldn't get a mention on here. :yawn:
:shrug:

I started this thread and i really don't see anything strange about starting a thread about a band from Brighton on a Brighton based forum.

If you want the artist you have mentioned above to have a thread of their own then you can always start one.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The point I'm making is, a lot of people on here like them because of their location.

Support your local team, yeah fine but liking a band because of where they grew up seems weird to me. If they were not from Brighton and somebody had started a thread you can almost guarantee the comments wouldn't be so universally positive.

I heard down with the trumpets, liked it, then found out they were from Brighton. I thought 'I wonder if anyone on NSC knows them or would be interested in a band from Brighton who are doing quite well'. Not that strange is it?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I started this thread and i really don't see anything strange about starting a thread about a band from Brighton on a Brighton based forum.

If you want the artist you have mentioned above to have a thread of their own then you can always start one.

Loving them. Good thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here