Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP The Honey Club

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Reckon everywhere will end up with these trendy little bars that open til 2am,but they are shit and zero room to move about in grrrrr.

:censored:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
It is a completely different night out midweek to a weekend.

And that is why The Honey Club on a Wednesday was so good: It was ONLY students (with the exception of Downloaded Penguin who seemed to blag his way in every week despite looking 50).

It will be crap in Creation. Grrr. :angry:

The Event is crap too while I am having a moan. Couldn't call between that and Creation now; they are both wank.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
fatboy said:
with the exception of Downloaded Penguin who seemed to blag his way in every week despite looking 50.

50? Moi? :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
berkshire seagull said:
Reckon everywhere will end up with these trendy little bars that open til 2am,but they are shit and zero room to move about in grrrrr.

:censored:

the walkabout is ok good music open till 1

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hull has this problem. Our Athletic Union night used to be in a club called The Tower. The saying went 'Tower for an hour' because that was the longest if ever took anyone to pull. Then it got moved to a Fez Club because the Tower was shut down by police.
Then it got moved to Asylum, the club onsite at uni (and officially best student venue in the Britain). AU night now has about 1,600 peopl attending it and the first years love it...but everyone with a memory yearns for the tower and the fun of yesteryear.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Re: Re: RIP The Honey Club

Lord Bracknell said:
Welcome to the world of the old fogey.

I'll tell you when things started to go downhill...

It was when the Edlin's pub in West Street (the one that had no name) was re-launched as the Bosun.

The ruin of an excellent student venue, as I recall.

And don't get me started on the Cottage.

Ah the Bosun!! Now not that I'm into that sort of thing, but the Bosun firm used to like a tear up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here