Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP The Honey Club

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Wednesday night at the Honey Club is no more.

Gone is the best student night in Brighton. Sussex and Brighton University Sports Federation night has been moved to the larger venue of Creation to meet demand.

Gone will be the £1 pints, the pints of vodka and red bull, the good music, the wall to wall pussy, the queuing in the rain, the drunken walk over the road from the seafront; Sports Fed night will now be poisoned by chavs and pikeys.

Tuesday night is Creation night; people will not want to go there twice in two nights.

What is the world coming to? They are turning all the pubs into wine bars, and soon there will be no clubs left either.

:(

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
fatboy said:
Wednesday night at the Honey Club is no more.

Gone is the best student night in Brighton. Sussex and Brighton University Sports Federation night has been moved to the larger venue of Creation to meet demand.

Gone will be the £1 pints, the pints of vodka and red bull, the good music, the wall to wall pussy, the queuing in the rain, the drunken walk over the road from the seafront; Sports Fed night will now be poisoned by chavs and pikeys.

Tuesday night is Creation night; people will not want to go there twice in two nights.

What is the world coming too? They are turning all the pubs into wine bars, and soon there will be no clubs left either.

I disagree with you. No Nonsense has been going for over two years now and hasn't always had the sports fed tie-in. I went when it first opened, they used to have a tie in with John Smith and gave away free John Smith gear. The sports fed came along later.

Think about this...Mondays (Stardust) is constantly popular with the uni crowd with queues down the street and cheap drinks but there is no sports fed tie-in. People go for the music.

The music will still be the same on Wednesdays, so will the DJs. I think the reputation will ensure there is still queuing in the rain. The question is...will you still go to the Honeyclub on a Wednesday or Creation instread. For me I'll always favour the Honeyclub as I prefer a more intimate club.

Just my tuppence.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The majority of students will go wherever Sports Fed night is.

That is where the people will be. The Sports teams arrange where to meet after their game on a Wednesday, and pretty much everyone is mates with, or mates of a mate with, someone in a sports team therefore everyone ends up in the same place.

A very sad day.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
all this banging on about the music,

will someone please tell me what music they play in the honey club on a wednesday, despite the fact i have a been a few times, i don't actually know.
My conclusion from that is, people don't go for the music, they go because every one else does.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Okay it doesn't sound too good, but only time will tell. If Creation doesn't live up to the expectations previously fulfilled by the Honeyclub I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the sports teams go back.

So where will YOU be going?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
They will probably like Creation, and the first years won't know any better.

I have been there pretty much every week for two years and I remember they played Kevein Lyttle once, and I think they played something by Tupac once, but that may have been in another club.:jester:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
the full harris said:
all this banging on about the music,

will someone please tell me what music they play in the honey club on a wednesday, despite the fact i have a been a few times, i don't actually know.
My conclusion from that is, people don't go for the music, they go because every one else does.

Fatboy said they go for the music, among other things. It's just a mixture, I've heard some older stuff then some of the latest stuff.

I still think it'll be full. You mark my words.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Downloaded Penguin said:

I still think it'll be full. You mark my words.

The worst thing that can happen is if people get split between two venues. :angry:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
fatboy said:
The worst thing that can happen is if people get split between two venues. :angry:

The place can only hold about 750-800 max anyway, the Zap used to get the overflow.

fatboy said:
What is the world coming too? They are turning all the pubs into wine bars, and soon there will be no clubs left either.

:(
Welcome to the world of the old fogey.

I'll tell you when things started to go downhill...

It was when the Edlin's pub in West Street (the one that had no name) was re-launched as the Bosun.

The ruin of an excellent student venue, as I recall.

And don't get me started on the Cottage.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The nightlife started going downhill in this town years ago. It's not been the same since the rise of C-Side and Zel.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What happened to Club 66 on a Friday night or the alternative, the Friday Night Club in Grand Parade? What about the Birds' Nest - totally non pc name ? Jimmy's Blues Club? The Malibu Sound? Or later on Sherry's? Is the Deryk Carver still a good pulling place?

Slowly you become an old git. You'll be drinking in the ES or the Nelson next Fatboy.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
mona said:

Slowly you become an old git. You'll be drinking in the ES or the Nelson next Fatboy.

It is worrying the amount of old peopl ethings that I have been doing and saying recently.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Bloody StudentS!!!

you should be studying , not partying every night!

you all moan when you graduate that your £15,000 in debt, no wonder why when you piss it up the wall every night!!!

if i had my way University would be 9-5 monday to friday , with 4 weeks holiday a year,

try getting up in the moring then!!! no 3 days study leave to recover !

Robbo

Mr Popkins said:
Bloody StudentS!!!

you should be studying , not partying every night!

you all moan when you graduate that your £15,000 in debt, no wonder why when you piss it up the wall every night!!!

if i had my way University would be 9-5 monday to friday , with 4 weeks holiday a year,

try getting up in the moring then!!! no 3 days study leave to recover !

HAVEN'T SAID THIS FOR A WHILE, BUT HERE GOES:

PIPE DOWN POPKINS!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here