Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Michael Robinson

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Very sad, one of our best ever players.
My overriding memory is that he never gave less than 100%, he was always running around and never gave up on an opportunity to score or pass.
Not only a great striker but also a great defensive striker.
RIP.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Oh no, that is so sad to hear this rubbish news. He was a great Albion player, such a hard working lad.

I'm very sad as we all surely are. RIP Michael.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For some reason this sad news has really effected me.
Probably down to some many memories from his time in an Albion shirt.

In normal times there would have been a celebration/remembrance at our next home game, I hope that whenever we do return to the Amex that the list of former players taken too early is not a lengthy one.

RIP

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As a young seagull, Michael Robinson was probably my first favourite player to wear the (not) stripes. Terribly sad news.

Very sad news. He was heavily involved with Cadiz CF and I still know one of the directors there. I will pass on a copy of this thread to my friend to pass it on to Michael's family so they will know how popular he was with Brighton fans. I'll leave it for a few days so everyone can get a chance to make their comments.
R.I.P Michael

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Really sad, one off my favourite players. One of my first games was Brighton 5-1 against Preston at the Goldstone and Robbo got Prestons goal with a stunner.
Not long after we signed him. Signed for the Reds where he was well respected as a player.
RIP.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very sad news.

Great player for us, I remember a great goal vs Liverpool at the Goldstone which probably secured his move.

Gave everything when he played.....

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
One of the great names in Brighton and Hove Albion's history.

Most ex footballers can barely make sense when they go onto do a bit of MOTD punditry, he taught himself a different language. Bright fella

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I remember as an 11 year old sitting in the South Stand with my father as Robbo ran himself into the ground in that hard-fought Norwich Cup Quarter-Final.

Fans of all levels of football can excuse and forgive many things of their team's players, but the exception is always a lack of effort.

Robbo left it all out on the pitch that afternoon as he invariably did week-in, week-out.

Socks rolled down, limping off the field at the end.

My first Albion hero.

Legend.

robbo.jpg

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As a teenager in '83 the FA Cup Semi Final still holds wonderful memories for me. It was such an amazing day out and the excitement of the occasion and what we all felt on the final whistle will live with me for ever. As an Albion fan days such as these are so much rarer but also so much more special. Personally they mean more to me than if we were winning a cup every 2 or 3 years likes the big clubs do. As much as the Final was a great day out, my memories of the Semi are so much sweeter - as after the match we had a month of build up to the biggest game in our history.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Part of our first golden era, and a true gentleman. RIP Robbo

‘We’ll take more care of you, Robinson, Robinson’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here