Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Michael Robinson

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
How many players go on to be called the Unforgettable voice of football.....in another country??

Very sad, RIP.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just seen a club Facebook post. Awful. He was younger than me!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rest in peace. As for many others, he was one of my first Albion heroes. Sad sad news.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dreadful news. RIP Michael.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
RIP Robbo, Albion great from the best of times.

IF you find yourself in front of a heavenly goal with a better option by your side don't be so selfless next time mate.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Oh dear. I’m quite shocked by this. He was a really fine footballer and seemed to be a nice guy. Loads of great memories of his time with us. Looking back at his record, it was quite impressive. Took to Spain well and they took to him. A great life brought to a premature end. RIP Mike Robinson, you’ll be fondly remembered by a generation of Seagulls fans.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm too young to have seen him play in the flesh, but the impact he had at the time hasn't been lost on me. Always sad to see one of our own go.

RIP.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Michael, you always gave your all for us, taken too soon.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
RIP Robbo, Albion great from the best of times.

IF you find yourself in front of a heavenly goal with a better option by your side don't be so selfless next time mate.

I was there and wondered what the outcome would be if he went on and had a go instead of that pass? A very heavenly journey Robby. Truly sad. RIP

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So sad, 61 is no age. I’m too young to remember him playing for the Albion but my Dad will be absoluted devastated when I tell him, he loved him as a player.

I know him more for his Spanish football coverage which was also superb.

RIP Michael.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
So sad, he has had cancer for a few years hasn’t he? Such good memories of a great player who became a very successful pundit in Spanish football.

RIP Michael and thanks for the memories. The winner at WHL is a standout for me :down:

I have to agree with that goal.
Beating Tottenham on their own patch with Robbo hitting the winner in front of us was my stand out memory.
RIP Robbo.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Michael Robinson was the epitome of our Club, unsung, incredibly hard working and never complaining. Great goals, immense energy, you couldn't fail to be impressed by his honesty, hard graft and no little skill.

He was my hero. I remember being on Merseyside on the Friday before Liverpool's first match of the new season (away) the following day. This was the start of Michael's Liverpool adventure. He looked very apprehensive when he emerged to board the coach along with all the Anfield stars. Seeing a Brighton scarf amongst the handful of fans that had gathered to wave the coach off, he came over to me and was full of smiles and memories, we had a wonderful chat - he had to be urged back onto the coach! Thank you for everything Michael.

I remember Micky by Toni Basil thinking it was perfect for Michael - You're so fine, you blow my mind hey Micky.

My deepest condolences to Michael's family - he will forever remain in our memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here