Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Ike Turner

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
RIP to a woman beating, crack somking, coke head, you will be sadly missed by your dealers.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree with MattBackHome. It's a good job not all of us have to approve of a celebrity's lifestyle before enjoying their art otherwise we'd just be left with Cliff Richard.

Altogether now, Christmas time, mistletoe and wine .........

Godfather of the blues. He introduced many of the true LEGENDS of blues music to the Chess family lable, and enabled several greats to be heard by the masses.

All that Tina Turner propagated about their travails and tribulations should have remained as what they are - private affairs of no concern to the public. Divorce was enough, and I wouldn't mind betting she made the bed she lay in - but of course the first to point the finger of "he hit me, that womanbullying svengali", and at a time when she gained only lots more publicity and sales.

Sadly, he was very unreliable about playing his own gigs later on, and yours truly went twice to see him, as scheduled, to find he'd canceled both times. So, when he was booked to play in London earlier this year, I gave it a miss out of mistrust - and fear of wasting money and time.

Bottom line is, that he was indeed a musical genius, and instrumental in starting the careers of many a legend...including Miss Tina (lest anyone forget)

I agree with MattBackHome. It's a good job not all of us have to approve of a celebrity's lifestyle before enjoying their art otherwise we'd just be left with Cliff Richard.

Altogether now, Christmas time, mistletoe and wine .........

Ah yes, Cliff - who refused to be on TOTP if The Damned were on the same show - while he started out his OWN career as a tough teddy-boy hipswinging sex symbol rock 'n roller.

Christians eh? That Jesus he sings about all the time wouldn't be seen around any SINNERS now, would he? He only saved and forgave the righteous of course.

What a hypocritical TWAT, lisping posing ponce.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All that Tina Turner propagated about their travails and tribulations should have remained as what they are - private affairs of no concern to the public. Divorce was enough, and I wouldn't mind betting she made the bed she lay in - but of course the first to point the finger of "he hit me, that womanbullying svengali", and at a time when she gained only lots more publicity and sales.
What an absolute load of wank.

He was a wife beater, a druggy and an alcoholic. Exactly how did she make that particular bed then? And she didn't lie in it, she divorced him FFS.

Will you apply the same logic for Gary Glitter?

I wouldn't wanna "touch him there, yeah" :nono:

'Everyone's gone to the moon' wasn't all that, for that other nonce either - even if he did discover Genesis.

Still, if we are going to list all the things that people have done that weren't legal, I don't think that'll leave much when you look at drug-using, boozing, hotelroom-smashing rockers.

I was with a couple of giggly schoolgirls in my class, when one Robert Plant was all kissy with one of them, and telling her all CHIVALROUS like; "if I weren't married, I'd take you home". Wannabe nonce there, Mr hippy Zep Ledder?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, I bet you never did anything to be ashamed of, but being a nobody there wouldn't be anyone to carve it in your headstone.
I bet I didn't beat the shit out of a woman, ever, no. Or anything like as bad come to think of it.

But hey, that doesn't matter because I'm a nobody whereas everybody heard of Ike Turner. But I think what makes your comments particularly repugnant is the fact that you seem to state Tina Turner asked for it - and of course that she had no talent. I'm not a massive fan of Tina Turner myself, but clearly you're talking horseshit.

Yet again.

I bet I didn't beat the shit out of a woman, ever, no. Or anything like as bad come to think of it.

But hey, that doesn't matter because I'm a nobody whereas everybody heard of Ike Turner. But I think what makes your comments particularly repugnant is the fact that you seem to state Tina Turner asked for it - and of course that she had no talent. I'm not a massive fan of Tina Turner myself, but clearly you're talking horseshit.

Yet again.

You ARE Cliff Richard (as always)

And incidentally, rumours were also very strong that Tina meted out not-a-little of the old ultra violence herself - but was quick to advertise when anything came back her way.
Women beating men is ALSO known as spousal abuse, but men are slower to complain about it. I wonder why.

Last edited:

ReeeeeSPECT ! :bowdown:

Attachments

• DSC00978.JPG
    DSC00978.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 48

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
I wouldn't wanna "touch him there, yeah"

'Everyone's gone to the moon' wasn't all that, for that other nonce either - even if he did discover Genesis.

Still, if we are going to list all the things that people have done that weren't legal, I don't think that'll leave much when you look at drug-using, boozing, hotelroom-smashing rockers.

I was with a couple of giggly schoolgirls in my class, when one Robert Plant was all kissy with one of them, and telling her all CHIVALROUS like; "if I weren't married, I'd take you home". Wannabe nonce there, Mr hippy Zep Ledder?

blimey mate you sound like a right prick

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You ARE Cliff Richard (as always)

And incidentally, rumours were also very strong that Tina meted out not-a-little of the old ultra violence herself - but was quick to advertise when anything came back her way.
Women beating men is ALSO known as spousal abuse, but men are slower to complain about it. I wonder why.
As always? Oh yeah, I'm just like him. Just like everyone else who finds WIFEBEATING abhorrant I guess. :rolleyes:

And the rest of this crap post is just hearsay or simply just made up by you.

What a f***ing cock you are.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As always? Oh yeah, I'm just like him. Just like everyone else who finds WIFEBEATING abhorrant I guess. :rolleyes:

And the rest of this crap post is just hearsay or simply just made up by you.

What a f***ing cock you are.

I bet Sir Clifford doesn't swear for a start. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Simster is not a virgin either and I have an equally bad feeling that he's not a great God botherer either.

Actually, like your reference to Anna Mae Bullock over exaggerating it was a rather stupid thing to say. Ike Turner eventually admitted about how he treated his then wife (not to mention some of the other mothers of his kids) but why worry about facts ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? I should really learn to be more like you NMH.

Post drivel nobody can understand, have no friends, that sort of thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here