Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP George Best

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
He has officially passed on now. I know a lot of people are not happy with the way he lived his life but in pure football terms he is one of the greatest to ever grace the beautiful game and that is what i will remember him for.:angel:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Very sad. It's all very well to be judgmental but he did have an addiction and was obviously unable to overcome it. My thoughts are with his relatives and with all those who loved him and cared about him.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
RIP George.

Very sad for the family, but the media circus preying on him with all their hourly breaking news updates of: "Best not dead yet shock!" was irritating the hell out of me. Perhaps they can all say their farewells and leave him alone now.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
RIP George, one of the greatest players never to play in a World Cup Finals

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
RIP truly a legend

My dad was an alcoholic and died from it about 3 years ago. The last week when you know they're going to die is just awful. When I saw the photo in the NOTW last weekend I knew it was the end for him and he knew it too. As did my dad.

And for all those who are about to post "yeah but he was irresponsible and wasted his second chance" - go do some research on alcoholics first.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
agree with Trufflehound.

Very sad. As I lost my father at 49 to alcoholism I sympathise with his family. hopefully now he will find some peace with himself.:angel:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Cadman said:
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an arsehole, than open it and remove all doubt.

I actually managed to type that without opening my mouth once!

My heart goes out the the families of those who were not lucky enough to get a donor liver and would have made better use of it.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
My symapathy goes out to all his family and ex wifes and girlfriends it`s them who have had to suffer the pain for years on end and there lifes will be easier without his habits.

Great footballer but from then on a total time waster who was given every chance to lead a normal life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here