Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rip broken britain

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration! Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
RIP Broken Britain.. You went soft on discipline!.. You went soft on immigration! Parents were told.. 'No you can't smack the kids'....Teachers were prevented from chastising kids in schools.. The police couldn't clip a troublemaker round the ear.. Kids had rights blah blah blah.. Well done Britain..You shall reap what you sow.. We have lost a whole generation!

THIS!!!! dont forget hug a hoodie!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Only one generation? This has been building for years. I suspect that the same factors contributed to the early 80's riots as these ones. We are just another generation or two on and the underclass youth have even less to look forward to.

"No Future. No future no future for me"

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Only one generation? This has been building for years. I suspect that the same factors contributed to the early 80's riots as these ones. We are just another generation or two on and the underclass youth have even less to look forward to.

"No Future. No future no future for me"

how do u explain the ones in court with jobs then ie primary school teacher, nursing assistant etc

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Isn't it strange that those condemning violence seem so eager to advocate violence as a means of 'discipline' to stop any future violence ???
I wouldn't lay a finger on any of my kids, yet I can assure you they know perfectly well to behave themselves. Boundary setting and real consequences to actions, this is what appears to be lacking from some parents. I'd also say there's too much emphasis on rights and not enough on the responsibilities that need to go hand in hand with those rights. But a return to corporal punishment and clips round the ear from the local copper ?, no thanks. Ever thought that many of the feral kids we've seen out in force of late probably get a right good beating from their parents anyway, but a beating that has absolutely nothing to do with discipline :(

What this country needs is a military coup. If the youth want to behave like animals they should expect to be treated as such. Looters should be shot on sight. The police have a fair idea who the gang leaders are so they should be arrested. Send the army into the so called no go areas and drag out the trouble makers. There should be a national curfew. Bring back stop and search and people should have to produce I.D.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Two generations. This lot are the offspring of the first round of social experiments: that generation for whom marriage was rarely an option; that generation for whom multiple children without fathers became acceptable; that generation whose exam questions were dumbed down so they ended up knowing almost nothing; that generation who ended up jobless and on benefits. Now, their children are on the streets: a generation who expect to get rich quick on reality shows or by becoming a WAG; a generation which spends its lives in a virtual world of games, violent films n txt msgs; a generation without conscience and without responsibility; a generation without discipline and without hope.

Two generations. This lot are the offspring of the first round of social experiments: that generation for whom marriage was rarely an option; that generation for whom multiple children without fathers became acceptable; that generation whose exam questions were dumbed down so they ended up knowing almost nothing; that generation who ended up jobless and on benefits. Now, their children are on the streets: a generation who expect to get rich quick on reality shows or by becoming a WAG; a generation which spends its lives in a virtual world of games, violent films n txt msgs; a generation without conscience and without responsibility; a generation without discipline and without hope.

Without hope? These people don't try. There are no excuses. The truth is Yob has had a baby.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Where does that leave the "first round" who all worked hard at school, have good jobs, own their homes and don't go round smashing shops up.

Most of which went to state schools....

It's interesting isn't it - and I have absolutely no idea why some ended up like that and some didn't. Found myself having this conversation at work with someone who was blaming the 80s. Well I'm a product of that as well.

I think it's about greed to be honest. That's my theory. It affects us all but some more than others. The want of something but not really wanting to work hard for it.

The expectancy it will be just handed to you on the plate.

It effects both ends of society and I struggle to draw a difference between the looters and the silly prats I see walking down kings road, living off the back of their parents inheritance, or stupid celebrities - famous for nothing.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
how do u explain the ones in court with jobs then ie primary school teacher, nursing assistant etc

Anger at the social injustice of others. I see the widening economic gap and the creation of an underclass while other fill their boots and it makes me f***ing furious. Some people may have seen the opportunity to go out and make their own point. It is interesting that the two examples you have given are of people in generally lower paid professions known as the caring professions.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Isn't it strange that those condemning violence seem so eager to advocate violence as a means of 'discipline' to stop any future violence ???
I wouldn't lay a finger on any of my kids, yet I can assure you they know perfectly well to behave themselves. Boundary setting and real consequences to actions, this is what appears to be lacking from some parents. I'd also say there's too much emphasis on rights and not enough on the responsibilities that need to go hand in hand with those rights. But a return to corporal punishment and clips round the ear from the local copper ?, no thanks. Ever thought that many of the feral kids we've seen out in force of late probably get a right good beating from their parents anyway, but a beating that has absolutely nothing to do with discipline :(

Agree with this, Discipline does not have to involve physical pain. I have also read of kids who would prefer a slap on the back of the leg or a clip round the ear because it is over and done with qickly and they don't have to face up to what they have done.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Where does that leave the "first round" who all worked hard at school, have good jobs, own their homes and don't go round smashing shops up.

Most of which went to state schools....

It's interesting isn't it - and I have absolutely no idea why some ended up like that and some didn't. Found myself having this conversation at work with someone who was blaming the 80s. Well I'm a product of that as well.

I think it's about greed to be honest. That's my theory. It affects us all but some more than others. The want of something but not really wanting to work hard for it.

The expectancy it will be just handed to you on the plate.

It effects both ends of society and I struggle to draw a difference between the looters and the silly prats I see walking down kings road, living off the back of their parents inheritance, or stupid celebrities - famous for nothing.

My Guess is the factors are endless and the combinations complex.
- Parents who don't value education then you are likely not to.
- parents who don't bother with discipline or teaching you .
- The perception that the government don't care about you
- The perception that the police the out to get you.
- No money.
- No prospects.
- The choice between benefits and the odd scam or a badly paid shit job with no prospects.
- Gangs offering you a feeling of worth
- People offering you reward for criminal behaviour.
- Living in among knife and gun crime
- A culture of drugs, crime and poverty.

All this adds up to antisocial little scrotes who behave appallingly and when they get out of prison for rioting all these social factors which caused them to be the way they are will still be there. ONly now they also have a police record and connections to more criminals.

You can be a tough on these little fuckers as you like but ultimately they won't change without removing the influences that caused them to be that way.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Anger at the social injustice of others. I see the widening economic gap and the creation of an underclass while other fill their boots and it makes me f***ing furious. Some people may have seen the opportunity to go out and make their own point. It is interesting that the two examples you have given are of people in generally lower paid professions known as the caring professions.

There's always been an underclass. It's just that it's grown. Maybe they breed faster than the rest of us, I don't know. Either they can't get out of their situation, don't want to, don't know how, or just blame everyone else but themselves for their situation.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Congratulations on re posting, word for word a slogan that is doing the rounds on the Internet, ( one of my Facebook friends posted it earlier)
Broken Britain is a cheap political slogan so beloved of the media. Troubled elements of our community's have existed for century's and will always be Present.
Please please don't continue to follow the 24 hour news networks and their continuous streaming of sensationalism and fear. The media thrives on fear to keep you watching. And this same coverage is the oxygen of publicity the thugs crave.
Stop watching.
Say no to fear and yes to love

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

You are so not incorrect (please note the double negative)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
A bit of an overstatement there. You use the word violence, as if a smack and burning someones house down is the same thing.

This is the problem when you try and have this sort of conversation. When people alk of discipline by smacking, they are not talking about beating their kids black and blue like you suggest. Just a smack across the hand or arse is enough for most kids. Sure a right good beating doesn't help anyone, and as you suggested it is violence, but probably as you well know, hardly anyone is suggesting that. I 100% agree that good beating isn't going to help discipline outside the home.

I'm sure your kids are fine. Everyones kids are angels. The problem is though, whilst your kids are no doubt fine, a lot of parents treat there kids like an accesory, and these are the kids that aren't fine. If the parents can't displicine and teach their kids right from wrong, and the schools should have more power to do so.

I just get fed up with this liberal rubbish, about violence with violence crap, when the two things are completeing different.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I saw on the news last night some bloke trying to interview looters and when he questioned one in a yellow jacket, which I'm asuming was a female from the voice, as to why they were doing it the response was "we're taking back our taxes, innit".......
It left me wondering if she'd ever paid any in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here