Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right, really very unhappy with the ticket office.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That'll teach you, never expect our ticket office to be able to carry out a simple task without f***ing it up somehow.

Tell me about it I very nearly did'nt get in myself last night because the ticket office activated my helpers season ticket for the game but not my disabled season ticket, It was only the fact that we spent 5 minute's explaining that the helpers ticket is free when I buy mine and the fact that it wont be activated unless I pay for mine because the helper is not allowed to use it unless I go to the game that I was eventually let in. I would'nt mind if I'd messed it up myself by doing it wrong online but because of the situation regarding my helpers ticket I have to ring the ticket office up to order tickets and they assured me that both tickets had been activated when I bought them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That does sound a really bad one.

I think there are some genuinely helpful and well-meaning people in the ticket office, it's just that they can't cope at the moment. It's not the basic sales - it's all the little extra things, deviations from the norm that will become standard operating procedure, but at the moment throw their barely established routine. And clearly they need the back-up of staff on the ground as well.

Last night was the first of my 're-allocations' this week from the family area, where they won't let you use your seat if the Under-10 isn't with you. I wouldn't say the process was easy, and took a lot of phone calls and emails, but they got there in the end.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Well i don't get that then as my mate bought a ticket on his season ticket, but couldn't go so let me use it instead. He gave me his Privilege Card instead of his season ticket and when i explained the situation at the ground they couldn't have been more helpful. Gave them his seat details and mobile number and they were happy to give me a paper ticket to get into the ground. Big thumbs up from me!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That'll teach you, never expect our ticket office to be able to carry out a simple task without f***ing it up somehow.

Whilst this does seem to have been handled badly I think you're overreacting tbh, pretty sure all of us have made the odd mistake at work, the most important thing is that lessons are learnt from such mistakes. I've always found the ticket office staff at queens rd and at the Amex to be nothing but helpful.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Offered us two free tickets for a future game. Apologised immediately and couldn't understand why the bloke at the gate didn't ring through to check it was all sorted.
Bit more staff training called for.

They went to the gate? Maybe they should have gone to the ticket office? ALthough it couldn;t have been that simple I'm sure. There will always be some really unlucky people getting the wrong staff and it's probably hard to get it 100% right 100% of the time.

I know that for the Gillingham match the steward let me in on my season ticket even though it wasn't working despite me buying the tickets, and the ticket office have told them to stop doing this without checking as they might then have people getting in free and trying to sit in the same seat.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's utter wank, they may have messed up here, but I have always found them to be helpful and courteous.

Well frankly I wouldn't know, I've given up trying to actually TALK to them since every time I phone up, I am around position 40 in the queue, and I refuse to wait that long to talk to someone.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
That's utter wank, they may have messed up here, but I have always found them to be helpful and courteous.

Exactly , every time I've dealt with them they've been very friendly and fantastic help.

just sucks about this specific example.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well frankly I wouldn't know, I've given up trying to actually TALK to them since every time I phone up, I am around position 40 in the queue, and I refuse to wait that long to talk to someone.

And that's somehow the fault of the people at the end of the phone?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well i don't get that then as my mate bought a ticket on his season ticket, but couldn't go so let me use it instead. He gave me his Privilege Card instead of his season ticket and when i explained the situation at the ground they couldn't have been more helpful. Gave them his seat details and mobile number and they were happy to give me a paper ticket to get into the ground. Big thumbs up from me!

Sorry to hear this OP but I will almost 100% garuntee your mate could have got in had he kicked up a fuss a bit more or asked for someone else to talk to etc. Blagging a bit I know.

Offered us two free tickets for a future game. Apologised immediately and couldn't understand why the bloke at the gate didn't ring through to check it was all sorted.
Bit more staff training called for.

Whenever you call ANY company and get information that's important that you need later - get a name.
Request that the person giving you the info liaises with the relevant supplier, so that the end user will be provided for.

Just my tip, for this situation as I read it.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
you're pissed off because you made the mistake of telling the ticket office, rather than just advancing the tickets to them..shoulda planned a month or so ahead? That way you don't have to blame anyone...maybe the ticket staff are incompetent but then maybe you shouldn't give an incompetent person such treasure.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Given my excellent experience with the ticket office staff at the Amex one might suggest you get off your lazy arse and pop in given you're a very short drive away !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here