Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton vs. Jose Luis Castillo

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else watching this tonight? Whether you are or not, anyone wish to offer their predictions?

I reckon we'll see a great action fight (in the vein of Corrales/Castillo or Gatti/Ward, but probably not quite to the level of either) which will end in a close but unanimous points win for Hatton.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch either if it is as close as I reckon.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Castillo has had weight problems in the past, dunno how much has been taken out of him making it for this one?

i predict hatton on points also

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
They showed some clips from the weigh-in on the BBC Breakfast news earlier this morning, and although they didn't show any of Castillo, they showed Hatton weighing in and then commenting afterwards He looks in brilliant shape and sounds well up for it, which will make for a good fight I think.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't wait for this. Castillio hasn't impressed recently and could argue on way down , but Hatton also has been a bit shaky , all be it against a southpaw and a different weight.

I'm hoping for a classic.

I think the styles of both boxers point towards the fight not going the distance, therefore, I'm going to say Hatton will wear Castillo down in 10 rounds

Cant wait !

Just need to order up via sentanta or whatever its called

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Should be a little corker......got a feeling hatton might get done on this one....dont ask why...just a feeling..

Me and a couple of mates went to the hatton v kosta tzu...(not spelt right..but you know who I mean)

It was absolutely amazing.!!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Me and a couple of mates went to the hatton v kosta tzu...(not spelt right..but you know who I mean)

I was all set to go to that fight, but couldn't make it. :(

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
apparently can get fight deals for £500 which includes flight , accomodation and fight ticket in vegas. Going to do this somewhen

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mouth waters at that one. Tickets would be as rare as rocking horse shit.

Didn't know Rooney was carrying the belt tonight. Not sure what to make of that , american fight fans who don't know Rooney will probably think , Who the hell is that ugly fat bloke !

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
They'll just think it's a tie-in with the release of Shrek 3.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Are there any places that give you codes for Setanta on freeview a bit like the ones someone posted for the Red Hot channel?

Could do with watching this...

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
good victory for the hitmat, got to be fighting cotto next, that seems the fight everyone wants to happen, and will be an absolute war.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
will end in a close but unanimous points win for Hatton.

I got that one a bit wrong then. :blush:

My only worry now is that Hatton might have pushed himself further away from a fight with the likes of Mayweather by winning TOO impressively last night.

With the way boxing politics can be, it honestly wouldn't surprise me, although I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
For those of you who missed it, watch the 4th round here:

[yt]Ggo4hlf8V8Q[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I got that one a bit wrong then. :blush:

My only worry now is that Hatton might have pushed himself further away from a fight with the likes of Mayweather by winning TOO impressively last night.

With the way boxing politics can be, it honestly wouldn't surprise me, although I obviously hope I'm wrong.

steve you seem up on your boxing who do you think hatton should aim to fight next, and do you think to get the big fights he needs to change division to welterweight? Personally I think de la hoya could be a possibility.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bozza, why embed the video when it doesn't allow it? That's why I posted the link instead. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here