Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Junior Witter would muller Hatton, the Hitter is on the way up and relatively fresh whilst Hitman is now shopworn and on the down hill slope.

Not a chance, Hatton would still be way too good for Witter.

One defeat against probably the best in the world pound-for-pound doesn't make one shopworn.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Witter will beat Hatton as I see uit there uis only one way for Hatton to go. He bloats out between fights then has to lose it and this must sap his strength somewhat.

Was I seeing things but when Mayweather delivered the first punch that put Hatton down did Hatton go on and hit the corner post padding before going down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
At least Mayweather displayed more sportsman ship at the end than did the British punks in the crowd.

They created a good atmosphere and noise but the booing of the anthem and of Mayweather after he'd won was really poor

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
They created a good atmosphere and noise but the booing of the anthem was really poor

any other country than America and I'd agree with you ...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Witter wouldnt beat hatton. Mayweather may be a class above but Hatton doesn't suddenly become a spent force due to 1 defeat. At 29 he can easily come again

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Got back from Vegas yesterday and have to say whilst I thought Ricky gave it his best shot he clearly was outclassed, talk of re-match is ludicrous it would be one sided and I'm not sure the public would go for it in the same numbers (Sky had over a million pay per view sales)
I want Ricky to quit, he has made his money, and has nothing left to prove, he wanted to be the best pound for pound fighter but came up short, no shame in that, having worked with him at Eastbourne in February he has an after dinner act that will keep him busy and thousands entertained for the next 20 years.
Vegas was great except for a very small minority who frankly are scum and a disgrace to this great country of ours.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
ditto, left the arena Saturday gutted, hope he retires, he has won world titles, went for the P4P crown got outclassed, time to walk away, nothing else to prove, beaten by the better fighter not the better man

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Got back from Vegas yesterday and have to say whilst I thought Ricky gave it his best shot he clearly was outclassed, talk of re-match is ludicrous it would be one sided and I'm not sure the public would go for it in the same numbers (Sky had over a million pay per view sales)
I want Ricky to quit, .

So the Rotweiller is now redundant:lol:

Hattons father, who is also his manager, is talking today of a rematch earning him £20m. This is being made up by mostly TV revenue because apparently the USA want more of Hatton. He also said that Ricky will go for the World Light Welterweight title but the holder of one belt is shiting himself about losing it and has said that he must wait his turn to fight for it and fight Witter first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here