Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Great effort by Hatton, but was always going to be difficult to win due to reach difference and not Hattons usual fighting weight
made even harder by Mayweather just constantly turning back on Hatton when Hatton got close, killing Hattons only real chance to win

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Really quite gutted... certain the rematch will never happen also, sadly..

Hatton for sports personality I say... his only competition has no personality and will win it soon enough anyway.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Personally I think Ricky let himself down badly. Where were the punches when they were at close quarters? I cant even remember any body shots. He just didnt turn up tonight, really dissapointing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not the greatest-ever performance from Hatton, but credit where it's due to Mayweather for his efforts. He deserved to win the fight, and indeed was almost gracious in victory. I certainly don't think Hatton disgraced himself against an almost certain Hall of Famer, and there are certainly big fights left out there for him.

Hatton vs. De La Hoya at Wembley next summer, anybody?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not the greatest-ever performance from Hatton, but credit where it's due to Mayweather for his efforts. He deserved to win the fight, and indeed was almost gracious in victory. I certainly don't think Hatton disgraced himself against an almost certain Hall of Famer, and there are certainly big fights left out there for him.

Hatton vs. De La Hoya at Wembley next summer, anybody?

Why ? so Ricky can take another beating. His people think too much of him for that.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I think Ricky let himself down badly. Where were the punches when they were at close quarters? I cant even remember any body shots. He just didnt turn up tonight, really dissapointing.

I think that's really harsh.

Hatton IMO won the first two rounds, despite the fact that the ref tried to stop him getting in close, and fight his normal fight.

Mayweather is a class boxer, and IMO Hatton showed real guts to take the punches he did, and go back in for more.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that's really harsh.

Hatton IMO won the first two rounds, despite the fact that the ref tried to stop him getting in close, and fight his normal fight.

Mayweather is a class boxer, and IMO Hatton showed real guts to take the punches he did, and go back in for more.

Hatton was poor, he was in close loads and didnt let any body shots go at all. He got knocked out by a boxer who hasnt managed to knock anyone else out for three years. Says it all imo.

Great effort by Hatton, but was always going to be difficult to win due to reach difference and not Hattons usual fighting weight
made even harder by Mayweather just constantly turning back on Hatton when Hatton got close, killing Hattons only real chance to win

Through all of it it showed that Mayweather was just a different class. Hatton gave everything, but Mayweather just nullified his main weapon and picked him off with some amazing shots. Best fighter i have ever seen

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If the DLH fight doesn't come off for Hatton, then how's about a shot at the WBC's World Light-Welterweight Title, held by one Junior Witter?

The rivalry is there, it's in the best weight-class for Hatton, it would sell a lot of tickets here in the UK (City of Manchester Stadium maybe?), and Hatton could sure as hell win it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If the DLH fight doesn't come off for Hatton, then how's about a shot at the WBC's World Light-Welterweight Title, held by one Junior Witter?

The rivalry is there, it's in the best weight-class for Hatton, it would sell a lot of tickets here in the UK (City of Manchester Stadium maybe?), and Hatton could sure as hell win it.

Junior Witter would muller Hatton, the Hitter is on the way up and relatively fresh whilst Hitman is now shopworn and on the down hill slope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here