Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Boxing is a brutal sport played by and supported by thugs. It should be banned.

Great idea, drive it underground where there is no need for rules or doctors, a few deaths and damaged brains will have the punters rolling in.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I really fancied this but at £14.95 it's just too expensive... a shame, one of boxing's great nights not available to millions. These were the sort of events that made me a sports nut as a kid... :nono:

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I really fancied this but at £14.95 it's just too expensive... a shame, one of boxing's great nights not available to millions. These were the sort of events that made me a sports nut as a kid... :nono:

Split it between a few mates and it's not too much. But finding people who you know will actually make it for the 4am start could be tricky.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yeah like the good ole' days of sportsnight and the only annual live footie match...the Cup Final !!!

You're going a bit too far back there. I mean back when all the top events were on terrestrial. To be honest I couldn't give a toss about the football but it is a shame that events like this aren't available to a wider audience. Boxing doesn't seem to draw the interest now that it got back when Eubank and Hamed were shown on ITV on Saturday nights.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Boxing used to be really good on a Saturday night, kind of filled the gap between Noel Edmonds and Match of the Day...only joking about the Noel Edmonds bit, most of his stuff was crap and best avoided...especially the late, late whirly wheeler...

Saw the scenes from the the weigh-in this morning, where they were stood nose to nose...before doing a bit of a dance routine...then mouthing comments at each other. My limited lipreading skills had Mayweather saying something like "You're going down" to which Hatton replied "really!"

Should be a really tasty fight, but I don't have Sky and certainly won't be dragging my sorry arse out of my pit at 4am to surf the net for coverage or listen on the radio.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're going a bit too far back there. I mean back when all the top events were on terrestrial. To be honest I couldn't give a toss about the football but it is a shame that events like this aren't available to a wider audience. Boxing doesn't seem to draw the interest now that it got back when Eubank and Hamed were shown on ITV on Saturday nights.

Thanks....I obviously a lot older than you.................:glare:

The reality is that the terrestial channels will not pay the dollar...

They stitched up Football for years their little Cartels and I guess its now the satillite channels turn.........

At least satillite channels give some value for money with their coverage....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Try here, www.channelsurfing.net they usually show big sporting events - links up now for the American HBO coverage so should be on.

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Been trying out a few of the links today. The live Premiership links didn't work this afternoon, or were maybe over-subsribed or something, but the obscure college sports links do work (ice hockey on at the moment).

I'm a bit doubtful they'll be able to show Pay Per View without being closed down by the lawyers, but will certainly be giving it a spin come the fight, cos the links are already up there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone care to offer a prediction on the Amir Khan/Graham Earl fight that's on ITV1 in half an hour or so?

For me, another fairly straightforward fight for Khan. I think some of the shots Earl took against Michael Katsidis will have really taken an effect when combined with the long career of tough fights that he's had, and I think he's on the slide.

Combine that with the fact that he's always been a very slow starter whereas Khan comes flying out of the blocks at 90mph, and it wouldn't shock me to see a 4 or 5 round blowout here.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The reality is that the terrestial channels will not pay the dollar...

Absolutely. But that takes us back to my original point. Sky are only able to offer more money because people subscribe.

To be honest the fact that so many people willingly get screwed over by Sky over the pay per view stuff still astonishes me. I mean as if it's not enough that they're already forking out a fortune for the sport channels in the first place they then willingly cough up extra for the big events.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone care to offer a prediction on the Amir Khan/Graham Earl fight that's on ITV1 in half an hour or so?

For me, another fairly straightforward fight for Khan. I think some of the shots Earl took against Michael Katsidis will have really taken an effect when combined with the long career of tough fights that he's had, and I think he's on the slide.

Combine that with the fact that he's always been a very slow starter whereas Khan comes flying out of the blocks at 90mph, and it wouldn't shock me to see a 4 or 5 round blowout here.

Step up in class for Khan. I think he might struggle.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Absolutely. But that takes us back to my original point. Sky are only able to offer more money because people subscribe.

To be honest the fact that so many people willingly get screwed over by Sky over the pay per view stuff still astonishes me. I mean as if it's not enough that they're already forking out a fortune for the sport channels in the first place they then willingly cough up extra for the big events.

Perhaps it's because we're not tightwads like you?? What can you get for 15 quid these days? Not allot!

I've spent the day in bed, not gone to the pub this evening and I've got a fridge full of beer which probably cost a tenner. So if anything it's saved me money from my normal Saturday routine.

I can't wait, come on Ricky!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Perhaps it's because we're not tightwads like you?? What can you get for 15 quid these days? Not allot!

I've spent the day in bed, not gone to the pub this evening and I've got a fridge full of beer which probably cost a tenner. So if anything it's saved me money from my normal Saturday routine.

I can't wait, come on Ricky!

:laugh: Maybe not tight but you sound like you need to get a life :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here