Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton vs Floyd Mayweather

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Now, I'm not really into the old :catfight:, but I must admit this forthcoming fight has really caught my imagination.

I'm not working Saturday night / Sunday morning, so I think I will set the alarm for 4:45am and listen to the fight on radio 5 Live in bed. (Don't have SKY or anything like that).

Anybody else tuning in?

C'mon Ricky!!! :bigwave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hilarious weigh-in scenes, Hatton looking like an extra out of Kevin & Perry Go Large in that daft Manc hat and his Oasis-esque spot on the mic 'Lets fookin' 'AVE it!'. Top marks for comedy Northernishness, just hope he gets his best shots in before he gets cut and stopped. Not a single blemish on Mayweather's face, which don't bode well at all. Star man Hatton tho, eh?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is any of it going to be repeated on terestrial i.e. highlights or a re-run at a later time or is it a Sky only deal?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Is any of it going to be repeated on terestrial i.e. highlights or a re-run at a later time or is it a Sky only deal?

Any highlights will probably Sky only for a good week or so - still photos only...

I'll probably just stream it on the net, just have to try and stay up or wake up!

scooter1

How soon is now?

I should imagine that without a full sky sports package the only option will be Sky Sports News for 10 seconds - otherwise on-line....There's too much PPV money involved to be chucking it out for free. I should hope that by the time I wake tomorrow some bright spark will have stuck it up on You Tube.....please!!!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
God I f***ing hate Sky. If everyone stopped subscribing they'd go bust and all the good sport would come back to terrestrial :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I understand that the Burrel in Haywards Heath are closing at 10pm tonight and then re-opening at 1.00am admission £10 not sure how they get over their premises license to do this as the times are stipulated on there as to the l;atest time of opening. I would assume that theirs is either 1.00am or possibly 2.00am. but certainly not 4 or 5 am.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
all Virgin Media customers can find the fight in the On Demand/Live events section for £14.95. :thumbsup:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
God I f***ing hate Sky. If everyone stopped subscribing they'd go bust and all the good sport would come back to terrestrial

JEEZ cant you remember how shit sports coverage used to be before, Sky, Virgin Sentanta ect?

Pay for it or watch on line you cheapskate.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
God I f***ing hate Sky. If everyone stopped subscribing they'd go bust and all the good sport would come back to terrestrial

JEEZ cant you remember how shit sports coverage used to be before, Sky, Virgin Sentanta ect?

Pay for it or watch on line you cheapskate.

That was down to limited capacity (4 channels) not the option to pay for it existing. The UK would still have a (free!) 250 channel satellite system had BSB and Sky not existed - Germany does and Premiere (Sky-alike) there is forever teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
God I f***ing hate Sky. If everyone stopped subscribing they'd go bust and all the good sport would come back to terrestrial :)

Yeah like the good ole' days of sportsnight and the only annual live footie match...the Cup Final !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here