Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rickie Lambert [Merged]

Seeming as they've just signed Emmanuel Mayuka from Young Boys of Bern, and with Gaston Ramirez seemingly on the way as well it's not outside the realms of possibility that Adkins would sell Lambert. However as already said, can see another Prem side such as Villa snapping him up if so.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
He'll have mixed feelings about us as a club after scoring a hatrick in the home game but getting sent of and basically losing them the game away.

But yes obviously I'd take him for anything up to £4.5m.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think a lot of my neighbours would be upset if this were to happen. To say they rate him highly is an understatement.

So yes please, but I would be very surprised if it were to happen, unless they make a couple of really big name forward signings to replace and oversadow him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not many strikers have gone though the leagues with there clubs and cut the mustard at Prem level. In fact it's very hard to think of any past Zamora and Kevin Davies. Many have tried and almost all have failed to a certain extent. If Southampton are looking to push onwards and upwards this may be something they have looked at, plus at 30 his best years may not be behind him but he certainly isn't going to get much better.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
This thread is yet another waste of everyone's time.

Dean Hammond might be available though, he was in their Capital One Cup team (i.e. reserves & youth) yesterday.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes please and thank you very much , perfect signing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Rumoured to be available for around the £3.5m mark.

Proven at this level and would surely be worth the investment given that he has another 3 years left in him at this level..

Blackburn are testing them at the moment with an offer. They have quite a few strikers now and don;t think he is prem level.

No offence KRJ7, but those two things don't add up to me. I've gotta be honest, the whole thing sounds like BS to me...

Anyway, how will he cope without the ball being hoofed up to him at every given opportunity?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Southampton will NEED to go direct at times. I can't name many better players in the PREM already than Lambert at winning those (albeit Fellaini)

He doesn't miss pens.
He scores free kicks
He wins headers.

You don't sell that in your first season back.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Southampton will NEED to go direct at times. I can't name many better players in the PREM already than Lambert at winning those (albeit Fellaini)

He doesn't miss pens.
He scores free kicks
He wins headers.

You don't sell that in your first season back.

Is that you Barry?

article-0-00DE4E9000000190-229_306x461.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here