Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rickie Lambert [Merged]

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
we have more chance of signing Zamora and we all know that isnt going happen. (would love it as i think we would storm the league with lambert)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yep, that's another and I sure there are one or two others that slipped my memory. But they are few and far between.

You're right of course - there are precious few that make the transition successfully. Still in this instance I think mejonaNO12 is right and Lambert has skills that it would be madness to let go too soon.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not many strikers have gone though the leagues with there clubs and cut the mustard at Prem level. In fact it's very hard to think of any past Zamora and Kevin Davies. Many have tried and almost all have failed to a certain extent. If Southampton are looking to push onwards and upwards this may be something they have looked at, plus at 30 his best years may not be behind him but he certainly isn't going to get much better.

I *think* Robert Earnshaw is the only player to have scored hatricks in all 4 divisions. Though I'm not saying he was an unqualified success in the top tier...

Ricky Lambert would be ideal, but will not be signing.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
This is not going to happen.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another laughable publicity stunt by Blackburn (the other being to offer £4m for Jordan Rhodes). That's all this is about.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Small detail that might have been overlooked here: Lambert has waited his entire career to play in the top division. I doubt he'll give up on that after only two games (with Manchester United and Arsenal to come in the next two).

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree this feels more like other clubs like Blackburn making optimistic punts rather than reality.

If it is true then Saints must have some serious transfer business lined up if they feel able to let Lambert go now. I can see them cashing in on Lambert at some point but not while that only leaves Sharp and Guly up front, they aren't going to tear up the Premiership.

Anyway I would have thought Cortese would hold out for much bigger money than we are prepared to pay especially when there are Premiership clubs who might fancy him and some Championship Clubs around with their pockets full of prachute money. With Lamberts goals having almost single handedly got Soton promoted to the Prem there should be loads of interest.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Would love to see him here - he would almost guarantee promotion - scored lots in the Championship and would fit in well in the side
However i think it highly unlikely and if he were to go it would probably be to a Premiership side but . . . you never know !!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would love Lambert, but it will never happen. I anticipate Heskey signing and have a sneaky feeling we'll get another midfielder (not Orlandi).

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
I would love Lambert, but it will never happen. I anticipate Heskey signing and have a sneaky feeling we'll get another midfielder (not Orlandi).

Have the same feeling that HESKEYS the man as his wage demands will drop as he doesn't have a club and a midfielder that can play on the wing or in the middle to replace dicker/noone

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He would have made Dagenham into one hell of a side.

D

Deleted member 18477

One of the most ridiculous threads I've ever read!

For me, he's still saints' best striker!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Rumoured to be available for around the £3.5m mark.

Proven at this level and would surely be worth the investment given that he has another 3 years left in him at this level..

Lambert could be a great signing,but after getting stains promoted single handedly would his head still be in it if he had to drop down to 2nd division football again in the last stage of his carreer.Can`t see Aidkins letting him go to be honest,the stains fans love rickie and Aidkins needs them on his side this season as they will lose more games than they win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here