Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They were stupid yes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If anyone does not understand the difference between the pub and their workplace they would not keep their jobs for long.

If you've worked in a factory this kind of banter goes on all the time , it happens in real life , regardless.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hang on, US and Spanish.

He is only being 'hung out to dry' because he has a public profile job.

In pretty much any workplace, Keys and Gray would be a gonner for what they've done. There'll be a dozens of bullies sacked every week. It's just you don't hear about them. So are you saying that different standards should apply because their jobs are (oops, were) high profile?

nothing wrong with standards being applied across the board and to all. i think keys and gray are pricks and think this is all very funny. its just the pompous reaction of the tv viewing public who also devour all sorts of vile shit they pump out that makes me laugh, claiming that there is some sort of extra moral responsibility on people who appear on the magic box, while desperate for them on the other hand to provide them with more amoral crap.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't like the bloke and what he said was stupid but the thought Police in this Country and the over reaction is frankly absurd.

Thought police? I was under the impression this fuss was over what he actually said, not what he thought.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"There are all sorts of options on the table at the moment".

Yeah, like Loose Women or Jerry Springer in the morning...

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
I think peoples views on him before this has determined their view on whether he should stay or go. If it was Gus who had said something on TV, would those people be calling that he resign and be hung? I think not.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:rant::ohmy:
What about the man-hating dykefest that is 'Loose Women'? Why is that acceptable?

It is ok for Women to slag blokes off but not ok for a Man to say anything adverse against a Woman.

New TV shows 4 Men sit around a table and run down Women for 30 minutes called Loose Men.

30 Men leer and make lewd comments towards a single Woman for our entertainment on a Saturday night.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm not defending Andy Gray but Charlotte Jackson invites a reaction from men by posing for dirty pics. He probably wouldn't have said that to Gabby Yorath or Clare Tomlinson.
Exactly , you say things you think you can get away with without causing offence.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
i find the concept odd that just as they work in tv everything they say in the day of making a tv programme should be potentially broadcast and therefore requiring behaviour as if it was. if you were an actor and backstage at the old vic would you be walking around in the hours before the curtain went up not saying anything that you wouldnt say on stage?

I don't understand your point. Anyone should know the difference between workplace and pub. And if you are being recorded and filmed I would have thought you should be more aware (as Rednapp, Gullit, and Souness clearly were) of what is being said.

My favourite is "Marks Out of Two ?" Answer: "I'd give her one". But I tend to know where and when it can be used.

i find the concept odd that just as they work in tv everything they say in the day of making a tv programme should be potentially broadcast and therefore requiring behaviour as if it was. if you were an actor and backstage at the old vic would you be walking around in the hours before the curtain went up not saying anything that you wouldnt say on stage?

You've presented a pretty decent argument so far but this is crud. As soon as Keys is at the ground (possibly before, I don't know how it works) he is effectively 'on the clock', working as a representative of Sky Sports. In that time he should keep any inappropriate comments/thoughts to himself.

I keep thinking back to how it would look in my line of work. If I turned up at a clients offices with another representative of my company, and we were given a room to sit in and wait for the meeting to start, I would not make any comments that could possibly be construed as rude or offensive, and if I did I couldn't then complain if I was pulled up for them. I certainly wouldn't say that someone that we were about to meet knew nothing about the meeting topic purely because she was a woman.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Now they're onto the "Did you smash it" clip Keys sounds like a boxer whose just been dealt a body blow. He's mumbling now, he knows the games up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:rant::ohmy:

It is ok for Women to slag blokes off but not ok for a Man to say anything adverse against a Woman.

New TV shows 4 Men sit around a table and run down Women for 30 minutes called Loose Men.

30 Men leer and make lewd comments towards a single Woman for our entertainment on a Saturday night.
Are you deliberately missing the point?

To clarify, say what you like to your mates and work colleagues when the cameras have stopped rolling, and in the pub. Don't talking about "hanging out the back of it" and "have you smashed that" when the cameras are rolling or about to roll in front of a full production crew and other guests.

I don't like "loose women" either. I don't particularly respect people who hand-wring and sneer and constantly blame other people for their own failings you see. But the day it comes to light that a member of Loose Women is caught asking about and mocking the size of the cock of another panelist's ex or something similar in a working environment is the day I'd expect that woman to be sacked. Until then, you're simply not comparing like for like.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The fact is he is saying it is not acceptable, apologised 100 times and will lose is job and livelihood so its job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here