Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Dawkins to arrest Pope Benedict.!!!!!

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
.would be quite funny seeing Inspector Knacker from the Yard slapping the bracelets on the Pope before he even has a chance to kiss the tarmac at Heathrow!

So, forgetting for one moment all the other multitude of cases already in the public eye, it looks like we have a Pope that in his past life as a Bish looks like he has covered up or casually dismissed child abuse by one of his own priests.

This is not a crisis for the Cathloic Church, its an absolute f ackin disaster!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Nope, it is just a publicity stunt by Dawkins to sell more books.

I imagine the pope could easily have diplomatic immunity.

Nah, read the article some more.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I imagine the pope could easily have diplomatic immunity.

The Vatican City is currently the only sovereign state with general international recognition that is not a UN member (the Holy See, which holds sovereignty over the state of Vatican City and maintains diplomatic relations with other states, is a UN permanent observer)

Technically the Pope does not have diplomatic immunity if you were to follow the UN charters, rules, etc, but being head of the Catholic Church has allowed the Bishop of Rome to be treated as if he did.

However with the latest goings on with a few dodgy priests and sweeping under the carpet of certain illegal misdemeanours, I would like to think that certain governments would reserve the right to not give him that entitlement.

Stumpy Tim

The more serious point is, does he have a point? If the Pope did cover-up child abuse then absolutely he should be arrested... no question about it. If you knew someone who had covered up the abuse of your child would you expect him to be arrested? Too f***ing right.

Forget this is anything to do with the Catholic Church. It's alleged the pope covered up the abuse of kids... doesn't matter what his job currently is

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I read it last night in the Telegraph. My memory of it is a little hazy. But I'm certainly not going to waste any more time on a blatant publicity stunt.

I'm not so sure myself. I think he is in real trouble and just because he is Gods Spin Doctor that does not mean he should be immune to being hauled up before the beak at Hounslow Magistrates.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Surely you jest?

Henry the VIII was a total piece of shit.

Nothing the current Pope has done compares to what that prick did.

Love it, only on NSC could you get the quote "Henry the VIII was a total piece of shit."

Unless Anne Boleyn was your great great great great great great great grandmother, what is your problem with Englands Greatest Monarch called Henry - Tyrone?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Love it, only on NSC could you get the quote "Henry the VIII was a total piece of shit."

Unless Anne Boleyn was your great great great great great great great grandmother, what is your problem with Englands Greatest Monarch called Henry - Tyrone?

Greatest?

The great irony is that he brutally put down the Protestant reformation.

He was a piece of shit that had countless innocent people executed on false charges.

He inherited a prosperous economy and nearly destroyed it.

If he's the greatest of the Monarchs it doesnt say much for the rest.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Henry had a lot of people murdered.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Greatest?

The great irony is that he brutally put down the Protestant reformation.

He was a piece of shit that had countless innocent people executed on false charges.

He inherited a prosperous economy and nearly destroyed it.

If he's the greatest of the Monarchs it doesnt say much for the rest.

Did he, I'm no history scholar so I will take your word for it, however I thought he created or set-up the Prod movement in England by splitting from the Catholic Church because he wanted to marry again. ???

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Seriously Henry VIII was not a good man or King.

Fair enough, like I said, I have never studied the period or the man. However, any bloke that stood to dissolve the power of the church and return it to the state would probably get my vote (and he put England on the map for top shagging expertise:thumbsup:).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dawkins will never get within a mile of the Pope, it's just a publicity stunt, very tedious and it makes atheists look very petty. This country is a democracy which means you can worship who or what you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here