Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Brodie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have NO IDEA whatsoever, whether there is any truth in this, but somebody on the Argus comments reckons we have bid £200k for York City's Richard Brodie.

He scored THIRTY FOUR goals last year, so I doubt he'd be available at that price, in reality. Interestingly, he appears to have a Holroyd-esque tiny HEAD.

brodie_1551868c.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who shall I fixtures ! Random...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was the 1st thread on the subject... by a minute or so...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
It will be a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. The sooner we stop taking punts on non league 'superstars' and sign a striker with a bit of proven credibility (i.e Nicky Forster), the sooner we'll find ourselves climbing out of this league. Don't get me wrong - we have the capabilities of signing decent strikers like Murray and I'm not suggesting all we do is dig from the depths, but it's a habit the club really needs to get out of now we have Falmer approaching. Especially as it appears crucial this year that we go up.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He's 6'3", so it's likely his head stopped growing when he was 5'6". Possibly.

I'd be surprised to see him come here tbh, but a step up to L1 would be a sensible step for him imo. Maybe there is something in the rumour though? Stranger things have happened...

Edit: Probably end up going to The Scummers innit.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Where are Crawley getting all this money from?

If you read the comments on that page they rubbish the Crawley story as they don't think he'd go to another BSP team and say he'd probably cost twice as much. Other commenters reckon there has been a 200k bid from Charlton or Colchester. :shrug:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
BSP player of the year. Sheff Utd rumoured to be interested in him. The likeness to Holroyd is spooky. Perhaps offer him in part exchange?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Get him and another striker in, tell Holroyd to f*** off. Sorted.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I remember he was on the BENCH for York when they played Lewes last year (or maybe it was the year before) and he was AWFUL in the half-time warm-up. BALLONING shots everywhere.

For that reason alone I'm OUT.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I remember he was on the BENCH for York when they payed Lewes last year (or maybe it was the year before) and he was AWFUL in the half-time warm-up. BALLONING shots everywhere.

For that reason alone I'm OUT.

I recall watching Holroyd warming up for the first time at Withdean, he was banging them in from everywhere. For that reason, I'm IN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here