Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return to the Amex Fans' Forum

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whilst I understand it might not be the ideal, providing everyone wears one, it does literally make things safer. Studies have already proven that masks reduce transmission of Covid by up to 75%. Masks, paired with social distancing, will hopefully mean that there is next to no opportunity for transmission at the ground. I'll be attending with my retired father and feel miles better knowing that it is a requirement at all times (bar eating and drinking).

It’s a view...we just happen to differ...but it is what it is....and I’m going anyway :)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sorry, those who knew about the Fans' Forum - did you get an email invite?

Wondering if I've now fallen into the same club email blackhole that others seem to be in.
It's at the very bottom of the ballot result email. Must admit i only knew about it because someone else pointed it out, i imagine quite a few people didn't get that far either!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looks like it might be chilly on Monday evening so happy to wear a mask even if just to help keep me warm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bottom line for these first few games is to prove it can be done.

That's it, nothing more than that.

At that point the club's can say 'see, it works, we now want 4,000 supporters' and so on.

Even if the government weren't contradicting themselves, all clubs should be making masks, for these voluntary games, mandatory.

In the grand scheme of things nothing else makes sense.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Barbs did stress that govt. representatives or whatever will be there, monitoring compliance.

I guess it's up to the individual, but I don't think they'll need too much of an excuse to point out naughtiness.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

At that point the club's can say 'see, it works, we now want 4,000 supporters' and so on.

Even if the government weren't contradicting themselves, all clubs should be making masks, for these voluntary games, mandatory.

Agree with this. Needs must

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The BBC article were saying yesterday that it was left up the clubs re. masks in seats? Anyway, either way, I back the club in taking all decisions that err on the side of safety regarding the real danger of Covid. The fabricated danger of flasks and bottle tops, not so much. In fact, if supporters were allowed to bring their own drinks in, it would reduce danger by ensuring fans could stay out of the concourses as much as poss

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Very sensible, though I would point out that we have already proven it works with 2,500 and you didn't have to wear a mask in your seat.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Very sensible, though I would po7int out that we have already proven it works with 2,500 and you didn't have to wear a mask in your seat.

But how does anyone know it worked. Theoretically half the crowd could have caught covid during that day. ( I am not saying they did)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But how does anyone know it worked. Theoretically half the crowd could have caught covid during that day. ( I am not saying they did)

Do you mean to say our marvellous, state of the art, not "jobs for the boys" at all Test, Track and Trace system may have been less than effective back in August???

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If it makes things safer, that's fine by me. I'll be wearing mine throughout on Monday.

More than anything, a good face mask will keep your face warm. It's really not that big an inconvenience for additional safety is it?

With the added bonus of making it harder for the camera operators to lip read

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry, those who knew about the Fans' Forum - did you get an email invite?

Wondering if I've now fallen into the same club email blackhole that others seem to be in.

Didn’t get an email only knew when looking on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Very sensible, though I would point out that we have already proven it works with 2,500 and you didn't have to wear a mask in your seat.

You could argue that in the height of summer the chances are catching covid were far reduced from the situation we are currently in

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Hi All

It mention that 'Supporters will have to complete a second medical declaration 24 hours before the game, reconfirming no Covid-19 symptoms or contact with anyone. This will need to be completed by every named attendee, not just the ticket purchaser. Failure to complete this second declaration will block the ticket from entry, so please ensure your contact details are up to date'...how is this completed ? or is this completed at the AMEX

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hi All

It mention that 'Supporters will have to complete a second medical declaration 24 hours before the game, reconfirming no Covid-19 symptoms or contact with anyone. This will need to be completed by every named attendee, not just the ticket purchaser. Failure to complete this second declaration will block the ticket from entry, so please ensure your contact details are up to date'...how is this completed ? or is this completed at the AMEX

On line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here