Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return to the Amex Fans' Forum

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Apparently you will need a proper 'exemption' certificate, not just a badge.

sdf.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Standard article-
Football fans will be exempt from Tier 2 rules stating they can only be served alcohol with a substantial meal when they return to stadia this week.
stadia “will be exempt from having to provide table service to spectators who intend to sit to consume their food or drink (including alcohol)”.
It is thought cash-strapped clubs could put temporary seats in concourses, provided social distancing can be maintained, in order to maximise their income from the return of fans.
The 35-year-old ban on fans drinking while they watch games from the stands remains in place, although the EFL are lobbying for the rule to be relaxed.
Other guidelines coming into place for fans include:
Singing and shouting will be permitted.
They will be “strongly encouraged” to wear face masks when they are in their seats watching the game.
Face masks will be mandatory in concourses.
Fans should not travel from Tier 3 areas to attend any matches.
Clubs are being encouraged to ask fans to walk or cycle to games.
Clubs are being asked to stagger fans’ arrivals and departures and will be providing post-match entertainment to avoid a surge at full-time.
The highest-profile match this weekend will see Tottenham host Arsenal in the north London derby, with as many as 2,000 fans attending.

New WHL is going to look so deserted with 2000 in. Surely it should be 20% of ground capacity which still leaves 3 seat gap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit irritated by the requirement to wear a mask when in your seat since we’ll all be socially distanced.

Don’t think this is a government requirement since we’re surely outside at that point?

Am I misunderstanding the rules or is this just an additional BHA requirement?

P.s. this wasn’t a requirement during the Chelsea test game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a small price to pay for what will seemingly be a short period of time.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Barber confirmed it was a Gov requirement......the ticketing email sats you don’t need to wear a mask in your seat, but he said this advice changed literally a couple of hours before the forum started (I specifically asked the question as what he was saying was different to the email). He sounded a bit irritated at ‘constantly changing requirements’.

If it makes things safer, that's fine by me. I'll be wearing mine throughout on Monday.

More than anything, a good face mask will keep your face warm. It's really not that big an inconvenience for additional safety is it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If it makes things safer, that's fine by me. I'll be wearing mine throughout on Monday.

More than anything, a good face mask will keep your face warm. It's really not that big an inconvenience for additional safety is it?

Personally i think it will take some fun away and wouldnt make me feel safer....with the way the club run things the distancing in seats etc ...however as one poster said I’d be willing to put up with anything to get back to a game

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was on the Forum and even asked questions, although I must apologise for not asking about expanding the Amex or why we don't keep 2 up front on corners, or who we are looking to sign in the January window.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
mask required during the game while in your seat outside seems totally and utterly over the top and unnecessary.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
mask required during the game while in your seat outside seems totally and utterly over the top and unnecessary.

agreed, but it should be made clear its not the club who make the rules and if the govt say so then fans have to play by the rules otherwise the govt will shut up shop again ruining it for those who might get tickets next time.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
agreed, but it should be made clear its not the club who make the rules and if the govt say so then fans have to play by the rules otherwise the govt will shut up shop again ruining it for those who might get tickets next time.

According to the Govt. guidelines it is NOT mandatory......

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

"Face coverings should be mandated indoors and in all covered communal / covered areas including on entry and in concourses, queues, toilets etc. Given the higher risk of transmission associated with singing and shouting, event organisers should remind spectators of this and strongly therefore encourage the use of face coverings in all outdoor spectator settings, including seats/standing points. They are mandatory in all indoor sports venues, in line with wider guidance on indoor spectator events. Singing and shouting is to be discouraged at indoor sports events"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry, those who knew about the Fans' Forum - did you get an email invite?

Wondering if I've now fallen into the same club email blackhole that others seem to be in.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Personally i think it will take some fun away and wouldnt make me feel safer....with the way the club run things the distancing in seats etc ...however as one poster said I’d be willing to put up with anything to get back to a game

Whilst I understand it might not be the ideal, providing everyone wears one, it does literally make things safer. Studies have already proven that masks reduce transmission of Covid by up to 75%. Masks, paired with social distancing, will hopefully mean that there is next to no opportunity for transmission at the ground. I'll be attending with my retired father and feel miles better knowing that it is a requirement at all times (bar eating and drinking).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here