Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return of the King

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
vicente could be for brighton what gazza was for spurs,exciting times for the albion

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
He really, really is the f***ing Messiah. I love Vicente and for those of us that missed out on seeing Peter Ward play in the stripes surely Vicente is the next best thing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He really, really is the f***ing Messiah. I love Vicente and for those of us that missed out on seeing Peter Ward play in the stripes surely Vicente is the next best thing?

Certainly makes the whole stadium buzz and has fans holding their breath expecting something special when he starts to run at defenders. Just like Wardy did, no-one else has come close imo, even BZ in his pomp was not as EXCITING to watch.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I don't think I have ever felt quite as happy/excited over any BHA player related news. I mean CMS signing last season was pretty damn big and capturing Kaz was sweet but this is incredible.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Certainly makes the whole stadium buzz and has fans holding their breath expecting something special when he starts to run at defenders. Just like Wardy did, no-one else has come close imo, even BZ in his pomp was not as EXCITING to watch.

Not sure about that. As soon as Bobby got the ball it was like the whole crowd took an intake of breath as they waited for him to conjure something. Only a few players in my lifetime have had that, Bobby was first, LuaLua and Vicente come to mind after that. Can't think of many others

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure about that. As soon as Bobby got the ball it was like the whole crowd took an intake of breath as they waited for him to conjure something. Only a few players in my lifetime have had that, Bobby was first, LuaLua and Vicente come to mind after that. Can't think of many others

But did you see Wardy at his peak???

Having re-read your post I guess not. Believe me the buzz of Ward in full flow running at defenders has not been seen from any other player other than Vicente on a few occasions last season. Maybe it's because Bobby was only doing it in front of 6000 but much as I loved watching him, he never gave me the same thrill as Wardy leaving defenders on their arses and then hitting the net. That run of Vicente against Derby was the sort of thing Wady did regulary...and scored at the end of it.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have just let out a little wee!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Don't get me wrong, i am completely straight and i love my girlfriend a lot but i think i would leave her and become gay for Vicente. I love him...... There i said it :shrug:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

John Crumplin?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
But did you see Wardy at his peak???

Having re-read your post I guess not. Believe me the buzz of Ward in full flow running at defenders has not been seen from any other player other than Vicente on a few occasions last season. Maybe it's because Bobby was only doing it in front of 6000 but much as I loved watching him, he never gave me the same thrill as Wardy leaving defenders on their arses and then hitting the net. That run of Vicente against Derby was the sort of thing Wady did regulary...and scored at the end of it.

Unfortunately not, I started going in the last couple of years at the Goldstone. Craig Maskell, Jeff Minton, Peter Smith, Paul McDonald, Stuart Storer and Junior McDougal were the first stars I witnessed :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Vicente is undoubtedly one of the best players to ever play for Brighton IMHO... and I started watching the Albion in the mid-70's / pre-Wardy...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately not, I started going in the last couple of years at the Goldstone. Craig Maskell, Jeff Minton, Peter Smith, Paul McDonald, Stuart Storer and Junior McDougal were the first stars I witnessed :smile:

Junior McDougal, we were quite excited about him at the time? Tottenham and Les Ferdinand connection? Minton and Hart along with Rod Thomas were the reason that I drove all the way to Gillingham every other weekend, a small ray of talent in amongst absolute dross. It's just astounding how we've come back from that nadir.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No your calculator's broken... half a season! :)

I didn't say half a season, did I? 19 games is not far off 23. I'm surprised you even pipe up on a Vicente thread.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Junior McDougal, we were quite excited about him at the time? Tottenham and Les Ferdinand connection? Minton and Hart along with Rod Thomas were the reason that I drove all the way to Gillingham every other weekend, a small ray of talent in amongst absolute dross. It's just astounding how we've come back from that nadir.

Don't remember the actual signing of Minton and McDougal, was about 11 at the time. Hart is a good shout at Gillingham actually. He had good pace then and looked a great striker with a tidy finish. Rod Thomas was probably the first flair player I saw!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
AxXIxwcCQAAEarb.jpg

That is all.

And YES, it was worth a new thread.

You can even tell what he is thinking, just from the LOOK...

'Theees Eeeeenglish Championsheeeeeeeep Leeeeega! I'm gonna peeeeeees all over eeeet, and get super BHA into theeeeee Preeeeeeemiersheeeeeeeeeeeep!....'

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton

Not forgetting the loan spells of Flatts and Dickov! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here