Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retro Insults

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Titanic said:
Not an insult, but a school favourite after a particularly smelly fart!

"Aah, CONDOR!" :lolol:

:lolol:

sorry but wots a 'Jarvis'? :dunce:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Titanic said:

If I recall correctly that insult would often be accompanied by the action of putting your tongue in between your bottom front teeth and lower lip whilst slapping the back of your hand.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
nwgull said:
If I recall correctly that insult would often be accompanied by the action of putting your tongue in between your bottom front teeth and lower lip whilst slapping the back of your hand.

OK, so Jarvis = Jarvis Cocker = tall skinny man with thick rimmed glasses and not very attractive?

So if you were to call someone 'a Jarvis' he/she would be a minger? Am I on the right tracks? If not can someone explain so I can add this to my very limited range of non swearing insults!!! Thankyou please!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I liked Tank's use of 'length' when talking about the ref on Saturday !!

Not in my usual vocabulary, but it's a good 'un! :lolol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Someone called Morris a 'wrister' earlier on. Class insult.

I still use SPACKER every now and again.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Race said:

OK, so Jarvis = Jarvis Cocker = tall skinny man with thick rimmed glasses and not very attractive?

So if you were to call someone 'a Jarvis' he/she would be a minger? Am I on the right tracks? If not can someone explain so I can add this to my very limited range of non swearing insults!!! Thankyou please!

Nearly, It's just calling someone a cocker basically!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Race said:

No.
A Jarvis is just a COCKER (the word COCKER is generally considered an insult in its own right, similar to SPACKER - it doesn't specifically refer to someone actually being ugly or bespectacled).

eg: "Morris you complete JARVIS, whens that fanzine coming out ?"

or: "Morris you complete COCKER, why did you post that private email ?"

The meaning is exactly the same.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anyone near the front of G/H block can enjoy some particularly amusing insults most home matches.

There is a bloke with a very loud and distinctive voice who likes to pick on the oppo players (often the right back, or right midfield).

My favourite is 'MUPPET' :jester:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
mc spanner

MC Hammer sounds a bit like MC Spanner. This was combined with "Wanking Spanners" to make MC Spanner a term for wanker.

Fairly basic, but always a pleasure to see someone interrupt a conversation with - Stop - Spanner Time - then mime wanking for a while.

Taken from here

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Muzzman said:
mc spanner

MC Hammer sounds a bit like MC Spanner. This was combined with "Wanking Spanners" to make MC Spanner a term for wanker.

Fairly basic, but always a pleasure to see someone interrupt a conversation with - Stop - Spanner Time - then mime wanking for a while.

Taken from here

that website is class. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here