Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurants In London

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
MacDonalds outside Victoria station

Seagull Stew

The South bank in front of the Royal Festival Hall and on the top by Hungerford Bridge have had a complete makeover over the last year and there you have your Wagamama's type restaurants.

A little further into Waterloo, I'd recommend either the Fire Station on Waterloo Road or the White Hart along Cornwall Road (If you can get a table).

The Cut also has a few reasonable places nearer Southwark station.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Oxo Tower is nearby. :thumbsup:

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wozza said:
"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

:lolol: :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza said:

:lolol: :lolol:

Back to the question...Tas on The Cut is a top-notch Turkish place, bit of a schlep from the Eye though.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Wozza said:

:lolol:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If you're using a Travelcard, you could take a train to Vauxhall, then walk a short way down the South Lambeth Road, where there are a fair number of decent tapas/Portuguese restaurants if you like that sort of food. Gwylan, didn't you live near there at one time? Saying that, it's a bit of a trek. If you like Thai food, there's a great Thai restaurant called the Suchard on Tooley Street, five minutes from London Bridge. They do great one-bowl meals for less than £10.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
West Hoathly Seagull said:
If you're using a Travelcard, you could take a train to Vauxhall, then walk a short way down the South Lambeth Road, where there are a fair number of decent tapas/Portuguese restaurants if you like that sort of food. Gwylan, didn't you live near there at one time? Saying that, it's a bit of a trek. If you like Thai food, there's a great Thai restaurant called the Suchard on Tooley Street, five minutes from London Bridge. They do great one-bowl meals for less than £10.

Thai is good, I think we have a winner

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thai is good, I think we have a winner

Okay, let us know what you think if you go there. It used to be a regular lunchtime haunt of mine when I worked at the London City Mission on Tower Bridge Road, and colleagues on various occasions too. Don't go in the Shipwrights Arms with Spurs or Albion colours on; it's hardcore Millwall.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Okay, let us know what you think if you go there. It used to be a regular lunchtime haunt of mine when I worked at the London City Mission on Tower Bridge Road, and colleagues on various occasions too. Don't go in the Shipwrights Arms with Spurs or Albion colours on; it's hardcore Millwall.

That sort of fucks me up! :lolol:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The area around there is fine - it's all city accountants and finance companies, as they've just put up a huge office development there, and Guy's hospital staff. Avoid that one pub and you will be fine. If you want a drink, try the pubs in Hay's Galleria or the Market Porter.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There's a good Italian with outdoor seating which is probably the first place you come to heading east from the Eye.

A little further afield in Bermondsey Street (back of London Bridge Station) there is the Delfina which is quite funky and does weird Australian fish.

Seagull Stew

Christ. We're getting a little vague with our definition of "near" the London Eye aren't we?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Hi Hoathly, mind my french (or is it Portuguese) but I had a f*cking shocker of a meal in one of those tapas places :lolol:

Is there not a fantastic Thai place out the front of the galleria, near HMS Belfast ?

Bit of your way (and mine a bit) - but for sheer choice you can't go further wrong than Clapham Junction, particularly Northcote road. I'd find it hard to think of a food of the world that isn't available down there.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There are a few restaurants in that area BEHIND Waterloo station, which is NEAR the London Eye.

Lower Marsh street ?

This place looks interesting but I've never been in there

http://www.cubana.co.uk/

Also a few good looking restaurants in Gabriels Wharf - also near the London eye.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here